BComm Vs BComm/Eco (1 Viewer)

Floridah

HSC
Thoughts and reasons? At UNSW, i have no idae about what career i want. would it be best to broaden my knowledge to increase chance?

nevereddy

HSC
=].. i made this thread like a few days ago.. LOL... anyways.. what i decided was to do just a single degree bachelors of commerce.. and maybe spend the extra year doin honours in finance

BUT.. u said u dont know what career u want.. so..with that being said.. u might want to start from there i guess.. in the thread i started.. a guy said that there really isnt any reason to do a bacehlor of economics if u have no interest in being a "pure" economist.. so anyways.. i hope u figure it out.. it took me a while to decide =p

Floridah

HSC
which uni you going to?
i wanted to do an exta degree to become mre attractive to employers..whther i get a job as an economist or investment banker or accountant.. increase my employment chances..
U gotta do okay to get invited to honours and even then, you gotta do a 100 page thesis.. i hate english so i personally can't stand it.. so i didnt wanna do single and then honours..
100 page thesis.. am i correct?

nevereddy

HSC
im goin to unsw.. in terms of job opportunities.. im not too worried as accounting( i want to be accountant/or something in finance) is considered a safe option in terms of gettin a job, just as long as you get good marks--

so.. i dunno.. i plan to do good uni =] .. but obviously... u dont really know what u wanna do doing a double degree will benefit u..

but honestly.. b eco and bcom degrees look the same .. so i wouldnt say it will open alot of opportunities..

NOTE: i havent started uni.. nor know anything about this stuff.. im a noob like u =].. but yea.. this is my 2cents.. anyways.. if u want.. post in whirlpool forums or vogue forums if want more perspectives

Monstar

HSC
Depending on what you wanna do.

I'd probably go with BComm, work hard and get honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)