Be a Pharmacist! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
ellirene said:
ive worked at a pharmacy for 3 years inbetween school.
its long hours.
no breaks.
all you do is sit down behind a dispensary and put ointments in bags and hand them to sick people.
i used to want to be a pharmacist.
until i worked at one.

lol =]
as mentioned before, try dentistry.
its probably more interesting :)
This is very true, unless you are working at the large pharmacies where there might be more than one pharmacists on duty. Also I wonder how many people who want to be Pharmacists have actually worked in a Pharmacy or know anything about it.

stephenchow

HSC
S1M0 said:
I stand corrected. I hate people who do/want to do medicene then.
So you dont like them because your lazy and cant be stuffed working for your marks and rather people automatically piss off so that you can get what you want or you are jealous?

Ass kissing apparently is necessary to get to top paying jobs.

stephenchow

HSC
UWS-Uni-Student said:
This is very true, unless you are working at the large pharmacies where there might be more than one pharmacists on duty. Also I wonder how many people who want to be Pharmacists have actually worked in a Pharmacy or know anything about it.
Same thing can be said about people wanting to get into forensics science.
They all watch CSI and reckon what they see on that show is what you do in real life and then all they do is fling blood on the wall.

HSC
hmmm....u might wanna do dentistry...buh it competitive
u gotta do umat for that
n u gotta do stat for pharm
o well, umat applications close june i think, so u might wanna make ur mide up soon:)
goodluckkkkkk

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
:wave: hey have you guys (tommy and sanjeev) registered for STAT?
I did heaps of research during the holidays about the additional tests involved for med/optom/pharm and their registration requirements but have long put it aside . I decided to check registration deadlines today and i can't seem to decipher what uac is going on about stat... i mean where do I get the darn registration form from? I clicked on session details and it was a 2006 timetable... what the?

umat registration is more clear at least...

anyway about pharm being boring...ouch thats a bit discouraging...

I mean can't pharmacy branch off into many occupations... not just a chemist sitting behind the counter ... what about ones that work at hospitals and for the government. How about chemical researchers that develop new drugs...
let me know what you think especially you uni students! :)

I'm seriously considering pharmacy over optometry these days because i find chemistry and biology more enjoyable than maths and physics.

thanx heaps!

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
rocafella32 said:
Dude if you reckon you wont get 95 dw...just get 93 or 92 and get dfee if you can afford it...otherwise do what i did....i got 86, snapped the UMAT and got into Dentistry at the Gold Coast (Griffith)...Dent is pretty close to pharmacy i guess but thats another option i guess...and plus i think dentist make as much $$$ as pharmacists
congrats! :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
2opinion8d said:
anyway about pharm being boring...ouch thats a bit discouraging...

I mean can't pharmacy branch off into many occupations... not just a chemist sitting behind the counter ... what about ones that work at hospitals and for the government. How about chemical researchers that develop new drugs...
let me know what you think especially you uni students! :)

I'm seriously considering pharmacy over optometry these days because i find chemistry and biology more enjoyable than maths and physics.
Yes you can be come a clinical pharmacology researcher.. but then u still need to do more degrees because having the bachelors will be insufficient to do any realli interesting work..

the hospital pharmacist.. they do drug reviews... and auditing... and some research.. but there is lil difference other than that from a community pharmacist

great thing that would separate a BPharm from a BMedSc is practical experience in terms of clinical use.. like you actualli know how pharmacies work and how patients respond so u dun make unrealistic proposals as a broad generalisation..

I dunno... what did u expect to be the difference in being a pharmacist or a medical doctor in research compared to a medical scientist?

tommytomickey

HSC
2opinion8d said:
:wave: hey have you guys (tommy and sanjeev) registered for STAT?

thanx heaps!
do we must registere for a STAT exam if we wanna do med/optom/pharm in the uni? what's the date of STAT?:eek:

Krieg

HSC
If you love chemistry and money why wouldn't you want to get into chemical engineering thats where all the money is at.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
Krieg said:
If you love chemistry and money why wouldn't you want to get into chemical engineering thats where all the money is at.
lols for some reason your quote makes me think of the film Citizen Kane...

anyway i really enjoy chem... but hate maths... doesn't engineering require heaps of maths?

thanx for the advice...

tommytomickey

HSC
2opinion8d said:

anyway i really enjoy chem... but hate maths... doesn't engineering require heaps of maths?

thanx for the advice...

cool, what u got in chem in half yearly?:)

HSC
2opinion8d said:

thanx for the advice...
engineering in general requires a lot of maths, not sure to what extent chemical engineering uses maths though.

jaaaaay

HSC
2opinion8d said:
doesn't engineering require heaps of maths?
despite the name 'chemical' engineering i think it requires a lot of maths and physics.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Yes you can be come a clinical pharmacology researcher.. but then u still need to do more degrees because having the bachelors will be insufficient to do any realli interesting work..

the hospital pharmacist.. they do drug reviews... and auditing... and some research.. but there is lil difference other than that from a community pharmacist

great thing that would separate a BPharm from a BMedSc is practical experience in terms of clinical use.. like you actualli know how pharmacies work and how patients respond so u dun make unrealistic proposals as a broad generalisation..

I dunno... what did u expect to be the difference in being a pharmacist or a medical doctor in research compared to a medical scientist?
Hospital pharmacists do more then drug reviews in hospitals, they advice the doctor on what drug to use, advise on interactions to doctors and other health professionals, deal with community pharmacy's about supply of expensive drugs after discharge, review med charts and suggest different therapies and heaps of other interesting stuff.
anyway point do you no pottsy and matty b and uniSa?

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
crazybrad said:
Hospital pharmacists do more then drug reviews in hospitals, they advice the doctor on what drug to use, advise on interactions to doctors and other health professionals, deal with community pharmacy's about supply of expensive drugs after discharge, review med charts and suggest different therapies and heaps of other interesting stuff.
anyway point do you no pottsy and matty b and uniSa?
Wow sounds pretty interesting... I really enjoy helping others and interacting with the general community... I guess working in a hospital would be more interesting than behind a counter in a chemist.

just a question about hospital chem: If you're advising the doctor, say, on the best drug to use... wouldn't that require extensive knowledge of diseases and there side effects ect. Would B. pharm be enough to work as a hospital pharmacist?

thanx crazy brad!

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
a pharmacist is an expert on drugs, thats what we do. you are also required to know alot about disease states and what to treat them with, or be able to look it up quickly. i love my AMH.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
nah i dunno them..

frankly im kinda scared cos i was doing a drug review with a 4th yr from one of the pharm courses.. and yeah.. :\ not exactly the most academic persons i have met..nor would i let them do my drug reviews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)