Be warned! (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Dont do too much study these holidays or you WILL burn out!

There is enough time after these holidays... up until the HSC... to cover, learn and memorise every syllabus for all of your subjects MULTIPLE times if you work productively.

I got the point last year, in the weeks before the HSC where I considered giving up and leaving school because I was so burnt out, it was unbelievable. Why? I studied way too much, and I didnt even study in these holidays.

Be Warned!

HSC
Uni Grad

There is enough time after these holidays... up until the HSC... to cover, learn and memorise every syllabus for all of your subjects MULTIPLE times if you work productively.

I got the point last year, in the weeks before the HSC where I considered giving up and leaving school because I was so burnt out, it was unbelievable. Why? I studied way too much, and I didnt even study in these holidays.

Be Warned!
Agreed.

Besides you're supposed to be studying consistently anyway with all of your subjects, not cramming them (although if you're a good crammer, and if it's small stuff, then it shouldn't be too bad)

Right now I'm just enjoying the holidays as I've studied in the Christmas break... though I gotta get back soon :p

And I recommend at most studying 2-3 hours a day, never too much, and if less and more effectively then the better.

decadentDee

HSC

Be Warned!
Yeah honestly Chromatic, you did whatever floated your boat. Everybody's study routine and pattern is different, so let the students choose whatever routine suits them.

My recommendation (which has also proven to have worked sucessfully with many, many other students) for a study routine is Consistency. I found that Consistent Studying (which will avoid cramming towards Exam Period) and revision of my notes every now and then gave me a huge advantage over the students who crammed and crammed at last minute.

But then again, do whatever you need to do to make you study well/whatever.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah honestly Chromatic, you did whatever floated your boat. Everybody's study routine and pattern is different, so let the students choose whatever routine suits them.

My recommendation (which has also proven to have worked sucessfully with many, many other students) for a study routine is Consistency. I found that Consistent Studying (which will avoid cramming towards Exam Period) and revision of my notes every now and then gave me a huge advantage over the students who crammed and crammed at last minute.

yeah cramming will NEVER beat consistency NEVER. Althought the price you pay for consistency is more time and requires more motivation, the price you pay for cramming is marks and thus ranks.

kcqn93

HSC
Well you could always get a head start and cram all the maths that you can. I pretty much finished the entire 2unit and mx1 syllabus before I went back to school....

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Well you could always get a head start and cram all the maths that you can. I pretty much finished the entire 2unit and mx1 syllabus before I went back to school....
you had a tutor right?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
You can cram maths independently you know.
what if you've never been taught the topic before, its like (in some cases) trying to find a needle in a hay stack. the needle being the part where you actually understand the entire topic.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Some people are capable, some are not. I'm just saying it's possible with dedication and a mind for maths.

HSC
Uni Grad
I've independently taught myself some topics in maths, it's not impossible.

But I only do General so maybe that's why...

Last edited:

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad

Be Warned!
i gave up towards my legal and va exams not because i was burnt out... because all my friends were already partying

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
all i did in the summer holidays of my hsc yr was read cloudstreet. and in the holidays before trials i got addicted to heros. :) ppl on thhis site study too much, just enjoy the holidays :)

chaminda

HSC

Very true m8,

I myself was born with a learning disability and I use to study 6 hrs/day on top of school classes, not trying to boast, for year 12 back in 2002. I also studied CONSISTENTLY and lever let a day go by doing absolutely nothing. Since my year (2002) was the 2nd year to go through the new HSC I grabbed as many exam papers as possible from as many schools..in total about 40+. I did all of them and re-did them many many times. Studying for english I kept practicing and practicing ALL my essays every day.

The day for the final exams I was very confident with ABSOLUTELY NO STRESS.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Very true m8,

I myself was born with a learning disability and I use to study 6 hrs/day on top of school classes, not trying to boast, for year 12 back in 2002. I also studied CONSISTENTLY and lever let a day go by doing absolutely nothing. Since my year (2002) was the 2nd year to go through the new HSC I grabbed as many exam papers as possible from as many schools..in total about 40+. I did all of them and re-did them many many times. Studying for english I kept practicing and practicing ALL my essays every day.

The day for the final exams I was very confident with ABSOLUTELY NO STRESS.
You beast. =)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
All I can say is that maths is a very crammable subject in terms of content. In terms of attaining a very good mark - it's a different story.

ruchira2122

HSC
making notes for the modules you've covered in the sciences would probably be helpful. just remember when/if you're making notes follow the syllabus dot point for dot point. ensure its detailed enough to earn u full marks, just don't go into too much detail... coz thats just not worth it.

might even be a good idea to read over and have a pretty good idea of the 2nd module for the sciences (esp. bio and chem...not so much with physics as physics concepts tend to be a pain in the ass to understand without a "proper" teacher).

read english texts and do some math regularly too =)

all that might seem like a lot but its barely 2 hours of work a day if you're consistent in the holidays...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)