Be warned! (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
making notes for the modules you've covered in the sciences would probably be helpful. just remember when/if you're making notes follow the syllabus dot point for dot point. ensure its detailed enough to earn u full marks, just don't go into too much detail... coz thats just not worth it.

might even be a good idea to read over and have a pretty good idea of the 2nd module for the sciences (esp. bio and chem...not so much with physics as physics concepts tend to be a pain in the ass to understand without a "proper" teacher).

read english texts and do some math regularly too =)

all that might seem like a lot but its barely 2 hours of work a day if you're consistent in the holidays...
Indeed, it all adds up to a lot in the end.

roryclifford

HSC
Indeed, it all adds up to a lot in the end.
:S

I have barely done 10 hours all up these holidays, and have completed probably 3/4 of that. Hopefully that doesn't mean I did a shotty quality job haha.

And what do you guys think about using an older siblings summaries? I know it's recommended to use/ make your own, but as long as I understand the topics and do questions by using the summary I am still achieving memorability aren't I? Without reproducing the same work again.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
yeah cramming will NEVER beat consistency NEVER. Althought the price you pay for consistency is more time and requires more motivation, the price you pay for cramming is marks and thus ranks.
Actually, cramming works well for some people and crammers can beat consistent studiers :p

But yeah, don't do too much study. Spread it out and make sure you have some fun as well :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
:S

I have barely done 10 hours all up these holidays, and have completed probably 3/4 of that. Hopefully that doesn't mean I did a shotty quality job haha.

And what do you guys think about using an older siblings summaries? I know it's recommended to use/ make your own, but as long as I understand the topics and do questions by using the summary I am still achieving memorability aren't I? Without reproducing the same work again.
As long as you get it, then there's nothing wrong with how you learn. Different things work for different people.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
all i did in the summer holidays of my hsc yr was read cloudstreet. and in the holidays before trials i got addicted to heros. :) ppl on thhis site study too much, just enjoy the holidays :)
heros? you mean battlefield heros?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Very true m8,

I myself was born with a learning disability and I use to study 6 hrs/day on top of school classes, not trying to boast, for year 12 back in 2002. I also studied CONSISTENTLY and lever let a day go by doing absolutely nothing. Since my year (2002) was the 2nd year to go through the new HSC I grabbed as many exam papers as possible from as many schools..in total about 40+. I did all of them and re-did them many many times. Studying for english I kept practicing and practicing ALL my essays every day.

The day for the final exams I was very confident with ABSOLUTELY NO STRESS.
nice, ok, from start of school till final exams i wana be like you : ) did you have a tutor? I don't have a tutor and maths is killing me atm, I came first in 2unit course, owned some ext people, but my final yr 11 rank was like 20 / 55. (including 2U M + MX1 people).

one or two kids dropped from MX1 to gen.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I've independently taught myself some topics in maths, it's not impossible.

But I only do General so maybe that's why...
You know I don't get your humour sometimes, ohexploitable. It is quite blatantly obvious you don't really do 'General Math' and the likes, but rather enjoy mocking those of a lower academic level relative to you.
That being said, I know it's teh interwebs. But still, Why?

KayNine

HSC
If you have the dedication and motivation, you can study during the holidays without burning out.
It's all about the willpower! :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
yes YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You know I don't get your humour sometimes, ohexploitable. It is quite blatantly obvious you don't really do 'General Math' and the likes, but rather enjoy mocking those of a lower academic level relative to you.
That being said, I know it's teh interwebs. But still, Why?
Anything can happen on teh interwebz.

TutoringHSC

HSC
N/A
Dont do too much study these holidays or you WILL burn out!

There is enough time after these holidays... up until the HSC... to cover, learn and memorise every syllabus for all of your subjects MULTIPLE times if you work productively.

I got the point last year, in the weeks before the HSC where I considered giving up and leaving school because I was so burnt out, it was unbelievable. Why? I studied way too much, and I didnt even study in these holidays.

Be Warned!
True True!!!

I burnt out in the last holiday till the HSC exams. I ended up studying only 3 days in the holidays!!! If I hadn't burnt out, I may have gotten two state-ranks (missed by 1 mark each) which I aimed for after trying and doing so well in internals. SO iits not worth burning yourselves out in the interals (Minis, trials etc) BUT do remember the early assessments are just as important (if they have equal weighting - as our school did) as the later assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)