• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bedroom Storage! What's your room like? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Shell said:
:D:D:D:D!!!!

LOL today, i brought home a boy *giggles* and im like "oh my god, my room is so messy" and he walks in and takes like a few steps back from the mess, then he spots the roosters poster and said the exact same thing you just did. :)
You have good taste in boys, obviously. :)

glitterfairy said:
Be nice.

*is currently inspired and considering getting a Roosters Poster in the event of a room disaster/boy coming over, even though she knows nothing about ball sports*
All you need to know is that Roosters are teh awesome.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
my room is such a mess...i have so many things and no room...

i have my bed at the back and my desk next to it..which is packed with uni stuff

under my window i have a huge container thingy with all my magazines and between that and my bed i have a fan and all my bags...i have soooo many bags

and my cupboard is too small for my clothes...so like all the clothes ive worn stay on top of my container...and i put them in the wash every friday...

but my room is a pig sty :p...but not as bad as shells :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
my mother is a neat freak so even the slightest amount of mess has to be put away, out of sight. God forbid i should ever leave a shirt on the floor. my wardrobe is very messy though, i just chuck my clothes in there most of the time and close the door on it, unless its good stuff. half my books are on my bookshelf and the other half are in plastic wheelie boxes under my bed...all my school stuff is under my bed as well...actually lots of things are under there. i just dont tuck in the spread on that side so its all covered up. um i have a lot of drawers that i just put random things in - one is for my cds, one for all these uni pamphlets i got given last year, and the rest of them just have junk, old pens, paper, birthday cards, letters, anything. im actually not too fussed about storing everything in its rightful spot; if it was up to me EVERYTHING would just be shoved under the bed or left on the floor.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
tasha1188 said:
my room is such a mess...i have so many things and no room...

i have my bed at the back and my desk next to it..which is packed with uni stuff

under my window i have a huge container thingy with all my magazines and between that and my bed i have a fan and all my bags...i have soooo many bags

and my cupboard is too small for my clothes...so like all the clothes ive worn stay on top of my container...and i put them in the wash every friday...

but my room is a pig sty :p...but not as bad as shells :p
i friggen hate how people go "oh... im so embarrassed about the mess. its so bad. i havent cleaned my room in ages" and then you go in there, and its like, one bit of clothing on the floor and everything is absolutely spotless.

and when i say "my rooms a total junk heap" and then they say "oh trust me, my room's way worse" LOL then they see my room and we both know mines messier.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I have the tiniest room. Someone said something about Alby's room being small, you gotta see mine. lol

it's in a rectangle space and there's honestly, 2m by 1m walking space. The only storage space I have is a built-in wardbrobe with mirrors. Yes that takes up a lot of space, but it';s my only storage so i needed it. It's also got a whole bunch of my parents clothes and travel bags lol

For some reason unbeknown to me, I CHOSE THE SMALLEST ROOM! lol

tennille

HSC
jhakka said:
You have good taste in boys, obviously. :)

All you need to know is that Roosters are teh awesome.
You keep thinking that, Justin. :p

alby

cool duckie
HSC
grk_styl said:
I have the tiniest room. Someone said something about Alby's room being small, you gotta see mine. lol

it's in a rectangle space and there's honestly, 2m by 1m walking space. The only storage space I have is a built-in wardbrobe with mirrors. Yes that takes up a lot of space, but it';s my only storage so i needed it. It's also got a whole bunch of my parents clothes and travel bags lol

For some reason unbeknown to me, I CHOSE THE SMALLEST ROOM! lol
whoever said that my room's small has been seriously fooled! as far as i know its the 2nd biggest bedroom, only smaller to my mum's which is the master bedroom. it probably only looks small caus its got a double in it (and caus i only took scattered shots).
there's not a heap of actual walking space because of the double, but there's still a good 1-1.5 m between the foot of my bed & my wardrobe, and about 1-ish m on either side of the bed

the fact that we actually fit a double in there says that its not small...mind you, at one stage (not too long ago either) we had all 4 bedrooms with a double in them. and then about a month or 2 ago we moved one of the doubles up to my brother's place & put a single in there instead. there's a decent amount of space in there now (1-1.5m on all 3 sides around the bed), and it's the smallest room too

frootloop

HSC
So bored...

since people are talking about size... my room is about 4m by 4m... is that considered 'big'? Each of my siblings (3) has their own room (which is similar in size to mine) and my parents' room is quite large in comparison to mine.

thirsty

HSC
After reading these entries i was motivated to clean my room and put up all my photos n stuff. once i work out my sisters camera i will post pics i love it now. It s pretty small but i do have a double bed so thats awesome. Loving everyones pretty rooms by the way.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
frootloop said:
So bored...

since people are talking about size... my room is about 4m by 4m... is that considered 'big'? Each of my siblings (3) has their own room (which is similar in size to mine) and my parents' room is quite large in comparison to mine.
oh my god? thats friggen massive! wtf do you have in your room?!

arrested development
HSC
I tidied my room a bit the other day. And by "tidied" I mean "shoved everything under my bed and desk and into corners of my room so my mum thinks it's neat". :eek:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
cbf reading the whole thing but my storage is my floor. which is stupid cos i have a HUGE built in, a chest of drawers, a bookshelf, a desk with shelves and my own bathroom to hold everything in... but most of it winds up on the floor/the three-quarters of the bed i don't sleep on

someone, i'm assuming mum, threw all my stuff in the bin while i was at work yesterday. GAHH LEAVE ME ALONE YOU PEDANTIC OLD BITCH I'M AN ADULT! WHO CARES IF I LEAVE CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR!
and what she doesn't get is *I* know where my stuff is. now I have nfi.

HSC
N/A
I love room pics. It gives me ideas for storage and stuff in my room :eek:

My room isn't small but I have so much stuff which kinda make it impossible to live in. I have a 2 door built in wardrobe which is absolutely packed with shit. I have like a set of cane shelves in there that houses my jumpers and pyjamas and stuff but it's a mess at the moment and everytime I have newly washed clothes (done by my aunt, not me) I throw them onto those shelves and close the door lol. The other side of the wardrobe had just shoes but now it's full of other crap as well cuz we had a housing inspection and I had to clean :( Oh and there is a shelf on the top of the wardrobe which has all old school notes etc. Plus some sentimental stuff, as well as my PS and old cds and stuff.

Then there's my double bed which fits nicely into a corner, my L shaped desk that fits into another corner that is packed full of shit (cd racks, uni notes.. etc etc). And the rest of my clothes are packed into 2 bedside drawers which are on opposite sides of my room. My clothes don't actually fit into them but I have no room for anything bigger. Then i've got two tall bookshelves in that last free corner that are completely full as well with creams, deoderants etc, books, some dvds, cds, uni stuff, etc etc. And the rest of my dvds and books are in boxes at the end of my bed with a sarong over them to make it look neater. Oh and I had to store my stereo and printer underneath my desk at my feet because there's nowhere for them to go.

Basically I moved here a year ago with next to no stuff and accumulated heaps of shit in a year and then got all of my stuff from my mum's house and now have double the amount of stuff with nowhere to put it. I have a tv unit that is sitting in our garage at the moment, a huge tv + dvd and vcr that are being used by my aunt. Basically cuz I have NOWHERE for it to go. I need to move out and get more space :(

I will take photos when I clean my room :eek: At the state of my room now, noone would ever guess i'm obsessive compulsive :( BUT I don't have time so I have to block the mess out.

Yes I had time to post this on an internet forum but i'm not at home at the moment. :p

arrested development
HSC
glycerine said:
cbf reading the whole thing but my storage is my floor. which is stupid cos i have a HUGE built in, a chest of drawers, a bookshelf, a desk with shelves and my own bathroom to hold everything in... but most of it winds up on the floor/the three-quarters of the bed i don't sleep on

someone, i'm assuming mum, threw all my stuff in the bin while i was at work yesterday. GAHH LEAVE ME ALONE YOU PEDANTIC OLD BITCH I'M AN ADULT! WHO CARES IF I LEAVE CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR!
and what she doesn't get is *I* know where my stuff is. now I have nfi.
That's exactly like me. My mum throws away all my stuff too. The worst thing was when she "cleaned my room" while I was on a holiday in Melbourne, and she ended up either throwing away or stealing my really private journal. :(
I also tend to write random thoughts/words/lists on scraps of paper and then strategically place them on my floor so I can see them, and she always assumes they're rubbish and chucks them in the bin. :(

thirsty

HSC
i hate nothing more than when someone invades my personal space. my room is very private to me i have photos of all my friends n random shit everywhere so when someone tidies it for me i really get the shits. Once i came home to find my room completely re arranged with one of beds (i used to have a bunk over my double) missing. i was mortified. and all becuase i had some random step-grndparents staying for a week so they were given my room because "i have friends i can stay with" i was not happy.

HSC
N/A
whoooo I found my camera! I've never used photobucket before - I hope this works!

Excuse my desk - I'm still moving a few more things out of boxes and onto the shelves :S But lots of space for more shoes! ;)

This is the secondary shelf which I originally didn't want to use. Glad I did though - it's storing all my craft stuff and a lot of my dance stuff. Heh, as you can all see I am a huge fan of Salvio Dance Shoes - I've got at least 12 pairs! Oh, and that pink thing on the top shelf is my pair of fairy wings :uhhuh:

All that stuff on the end of my (new) bed is either clothes that still have to be altered, or stuff (like the lei and hanging poster thingo) that I haven't figured out where to put yet...

Closeup of handbags - I got really bored one day and organised them in a graduation of colour :S How much more pedantic can you get?!?!?!?!

Closeup of books/jewellery storage. As you can see I put all my earrings on jars - I want to get some of those cool bar things I've seen around, though. A bit more space-efficient. Oh, and the "Little Miss Tiny" book was a birthday present from a friend, because somewhere in the book little miss tiny squeaks, and I do that all the time :p

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
whoooo I found my camera! I've never used photobucket before - I hope this works!

Excuse my desk - I'm still moving a few more things out of boxes and onto the shelves :S But lots of space for more shoes! ;)

This is the secondary shelf which I originally didn't want to use. Glad I did though - it's storing all my craft stuff and a lot of my dance stuff. Heh, as you can all see I am a huge fan of Salvio Dance Shoes - I've got at least 12 pairs! Oh, and that pink thing on the top shelf is my pair of fairy wings :uhhuh:

All that stuff on the end of my (new) bed is either clothes that still have to be altered, or stuff (like the lei and hanging poster thingo) that I haven't figured out where to put yet...

Closeup of handbags - I got really bored one day and organised them in a graduation of colour :S How much more pedantic can you get?!?!?!?!

Closeup of books/jewellery storage. As you can see I put all my earrings on jars - I want to get some of those cool bar things I've seen around, though. A bit more space-efficient. Oh, and the "Little Miss Tiny" book was a birthday present from a friend, because somewhere in the book little miss tiny squeaks, and I do that all the time :p
Space space, how I would love to have so much space :(

Ok I guess I would lose that space as soon as I moved my stuff in lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)