• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Beijing Olympics 2008 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Agreed. Synchronised diving, gymnastics and indoor volleyball have ruined my plans to do work this week.

Polish indoor volleyball girls are hawt *cough*

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
i'm spewin that thorpe decided to "retire" and not compete in 08 beijing... fuck look at hackett go and hes 28... thorpe calls it quits when he was only 23...bastard.

if u think about it , without phelps the states have got jackshit... he has contributed 8 of the 17 golds they have... if we had thorpey or klim in there, we'd give him a run for his money... oz would sit in the top3 like we always do

/endofvent.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Jon73 said:
i'm spewin that thorpe decided to "retire" and not compete in 08 beijing... fuck look at hackett go and hes 28... thorpe calls it quits when he was only 23...bastard.

if u think about it , without phelps the states have got jackshit... he has contributed 8 of the 17 golds they have... if we had thorpey or klim in there, we'd give him a run for his money... oz would sit in the top3 like we always do

/endofvent.
he retired when he was 24, actually, but i do agree. it did seem that his times were dropping, though, so he peaked too early

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the water polo aus vs. china quarter final is awesome. can't believe how quickly china keeps fighting back.

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
stazi said:
he retired when he was 24, actually, but i do agree. it did seem that his times were dropping, though, so he peaked too early
i reckon if hackett can pick up his game like a champ then thorpey could as well...

its ironic, he calls it quits cos it doesnt want swimming to be his security blanket YET he attends beijing, other major comps. for swimming... seriously, what else has the guy got? hes a legend at it, there's nothing wrong with that...

hope the thorpe is inspired by these games, and i would say we would've smashed USA again if thorpe was in the relay team.... *thinks back to 2000 olympics 4 x 100m freestyle FUCKYEAH* - maybe he'll come outta retirement?

his Arts degree at macquarie uni is for the lulz.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i'm shocked that they just took a commercial break in the water polo. wtf! we just almost scored a goal - they didn't even show a replay, the chinese are counterattacking.... so they just go to commercials.

edit: over 2 mins of ads!!! wtf. i really hope they won't cut out any of the broadcast, and not rejoin the match live
edit2: wtf...so they just go to an interview with hacket...??!

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Seven are shit. At least SBS are showing the water polo now (delayed obviously), so get to see everything that was missed on seven's coverage.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Wonder how everyone would react if Phelps was tested positive for using some type of drug lol.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol holy fuck. what a sailing finale. fucking aussies capcising :(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
oh what, Britian are 3rd on the medal table.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
stazi, wanna fuck?
nah, i only fuck straight guys.

and poo at australia falling over and over and over and over again :(

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
after we score the sailing medals we'll be up in it again... unless GB and Germany fuck us over and win some more gold...

haven't heard the aussie anthem at these games too much...

swimming was an epic phail. eamon sullivan needed to pick up his game for the home stretch today...

we dont have any star track and field aths do we?

good on the ladies for the brilliant streak of gold they left in the watercube though... all credit to them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)