• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Beijing Olympics 2008 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Nah i can see the aussie's just jumping out of no where! CMON

HSC
Australia is only pne Michael Phelps behind the US in the medal tally at the moment. Hopefully he is a druggie and gets disqualified :)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Nah d00d, Hopefully both hockey players win, Tatiana wins in pole vault, um someone else wins a couple times and the americans dont win at all

HSC
Zrap said:
Nah d00d, Hopefully both hockey players win, Tatiana wins in pole vault, um someone else wins a couple times and the americans dont win at all
Tatiania is on gladiators now. No pole vault :(

Im quite impressed with the Aussie athletics team thus far. I thought without Jana and Nathan we would be pathetic, but we've had quite a few good results (Samuels, Abdi, McClellan, the walking guys)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wtf :s that fucking sucks. i thought we could draw to qualify for the semis :(

HalcyonSky

HSC
i wasnt following, why did china get through with a draw?

5233andy

HSC
Has anyone heard that the jokes that Sonia Kruger makes on the 'Yum Cha' program (after Sunrise) are scripted? I've only watched the program once, on a Saturday morning, but Kruger can be described, in lack of a better word, a bimbo. I also read that the Ch7 producers have asked Kruger to purposely 'act dumb' - perhaps to emphasise this 'blonde syndrome'.

Opinions?

HSC
5233andy said:
Has anyone heard that the jokes that Sonia Kruger makes on the 'Yum Cha' program (after Sunrise) are scripted? I've only watched the program once, on a Saturday morning, but Kruger can be described, in lack of a better word, a bimbo. I also read that the Ch7 producers have asked Kruger to purposely 'act dumb' - perhaps to emphasise this 'blonde syndrome'.

Opinions?
WOW! in my opinion, sonya kruger is bland as my piss.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fucking fuck at USA beating australia in the water polo.

and us tomorrow in the bball :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol payout for the USA winning against the boomers is half a cent for every dollar invested. $20 gain on every $1 invested for the aussies winning.

fark :(

edit: fuck GBR: 15 gold :s

Last edited:

atreus

HSC
5233andy said:

Opinions?
channel 7 have treated the olympics as a promotional exercise. sonia kruger knows nothing about sport, but is going to be cohosting a show once the games are finished. same goes for their other 'commentators'.

i am starting to get sick of those hybrid promos/highlights montages for all of channel 7's upcoming shows like dancing with the stars, ugly betty, etc. mixed in with highlights and medal ceremonies from the games. the worst thing is they still find lame music to play and captions actually relating these olympic moments to moments from lame tv shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)