Beijing vs Athens vs Sydney opening ceremony (1 Viewer)

Which was had the best opening ceremony?

• Total voters

zstar

HSC
N/A
Garygaz said:
Beijing = fail

Fake singer (That little girl you saw, wasn't singing live and the recording was of a different girl who they dumped at the last minute because she wasn't cute enough)

Shit air quality

Fake fireworks

Rent-a-crowd of people's army who were pretty much cheer leaders.

GG for the fake atmosphere...

It's all entertainment that's the purpose.

The fireworks weren't fake they were done in CGI for the tv because it would've been too dangerous for them to film.

Garygaz

HSC
zstar said:
It's all entertainment that's the purpose.

The fireworks weren't fake they were done in CGI for the tv because it would've been too dangerous for them to film.
Why not computer generate rugby league and sports game for the sake of entertaiment?

It's no where near as impressive once you know of all the fake stuff that went on, it just seems so unauthentic. I honestly would have preferred to watch the raw images of the fireworks rather than the video which was recorded weeks before and had fireworks added in. Killed any sense of reality to it.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Garygaz said:
Why not computer generate rugby league and sports game for the sake of entertaiment?

It's no where near as impressive once you know of all the fake stuff that went on, it just seems so unauthentic. I honestly would have preferred to watch the raw images of the fireworks rather than the video which was recorded weeks before and had fireworks added in. Killed any sense of reality to it.
I hope you don't find out how authentic a lot of the entertainment industry is. :( That would be a terrible day for your heart. A real tragedy.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Garygaz said:

Didn't you read what I wrote?

I said the fireworks were authentic but because of SAFETY issues the fireworks you saw were generated through CGI.

If it was SAFE to film it then they would've done so.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
heshiyun said:
London is sooooo unbelievably fucked.
exactly...they simply don't have anything to show the world....the west...in particular the Anglo nations haven't really got any culture. Anglo society is simply built up upon materialistic terms.

walkahz

HSC
Sydney forever lol (comeon we had victa mowers)
Athens saw parts was crap
Bejing again saw parts was cool but was preety much a big FUCK YOU to the rest of the world and was uber fake.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Beijing, hands down.

Sydney faked the orchestra, playing along to a pre-recorded symphony which featured the Melbourne orchestra.

Despite all the 'flaws' our media picked up, all in all, it was grand.

The huge LCD screen, abundance of symbolism (shows how much thought they put into it) and overall different approach to the other opening ceremonies made it very very impressive.

I'd prefer the fake little girl singing to Nikki Webster anyday. :rolleyes:

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Garygaz said:
Beijing = fail

Fake singer (That little girl you saw, wasn't singing live and the recording was of a different girl who they dumped at the last minute because she wasn't cute enough)

Shit air quality

Fake fireworks

Rent-a-crowd of people's army who were pretty much cheer leaders.

GG for the fake atmosphere...
How do you suppose the 'shit air quality' is managed for the opening ceremony? Look at their booming economy, population, etc - can't expect it to mirror the air quality in Sydney...obviously.

Real fireworks

and what's this 'rent-a-crowd of people's army'?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
atreus said:
the only outstanding part of beijing was the sheer number of ppl. its a communist thing. apparently ppl that were around to see it said they saw similar stuff at the moscow olympics. other than that, the themes, dancers, etc. were pretty lame.
the only good part of sydney was the torch lighting, the rest was pretty lame as well.
athens had to be the most genuine and not too over the top. it was all about the flames on the water, the history behind it, the olive tree and gianna angelopoulos-daskalaki.
ROFLMAO! HAHAAHAHA!

Garygaz

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
How do you suppose the 'shit air quality' is managed for the opening ceremony? Look at their booming economy, population, etc - can't expect it to mirror the air quality in Sydney...obviously.

Real fireworks

and what's this 'rent-a-crowd of people's army'?
Just because they have a booming economy doesn't mean they can throw environmental management out the door. Just because its there as a result of something else doesn't mean it can't detract from the ceremony.

Real fireworks? No, prerecorded show for the fly over bit and many others. Some things can be CGI just not the opening ceremony for the Olympics...

They used a lot of members of the People's Republican Army to fill seats of Chinese tickets and the media said they pretty much were instructed to cheer and make lots of noise.

Bendent

HSC
Garygaz said:
Just because they have a booming economy doesn't mean they can throw environmental management out the door. Just because its there as a result of something else doesn't mean it can't detract from the ceremony.

Real fireworks? No, prerecorded show for the fly over bit and many others. Some things can be CGI just not the opening ceremony for the Olympics...

They used a lot of members of the People's Republican Army to fill seats of Chinese tickets and the media said they pretty much were instructed to cheer and make lots of noise.

People's Liberation Army, lol

the seats were kind of taken by corporate sponsors

anyway i voted beijing :]

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Garygaz said:

I didn't say anything about Beijing disregarding environmental management. I'm just saying you need to be realistic about it. There is no way you can compare Sydney to Beijing without taking into account all the different factors such as their economy, population, etc. Also, it's undeniable that China is going through huge changes. 10 years ago, there were barely any cars on the road but now their living standards have improved to such an extent that they can finally enjoy a lifestyle that just about mirrors the most industrialised economies in the world. In time they'll learn to manage it better.

Yes, there were real fireworks. The CGI ones were implemented last minute because of safety concerns. Would you rather risking the lives on cameramen to film less than 60 seconds worth of fireworks? I personally think it was very responsible of them not to.

Also, with the 'rent-a-crowds', I did read that most seats were reserved for the Army + members of the Communist party but I don't see an issue with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)