• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

being asked out...what method would you prefer? (1 Viewer)

which method do you prefer?

• in person

Votes: 192 80.7%
  • sms

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • email

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • phone

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • you dont care because you're not interested (you alreday have a boy....or you're a lesbian)

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

zerzillia

what most guys don't understand is, girls wants to be asked out in person. see poll! XD

if you ask a girl face to face, then they're more likely to go out with you because they think you really like them and you've got the guts to say it. *nods*

i don't recommend phone unless you know the person well....because people can be shy on phones. or they don't speak as much. that happens to me.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
eckshale said:
lol @ asking someone out on msn or icq..
thats pansy..!
don't knock it till you try it. but yes i agree, f2f is always best

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
in person.. but as sed earlier unspoken..
the rest arent so fun..
:D

santaslayer

HSC
In person, unless it isn't a feasible option. Then you would go for the phone, unless Video Phones become widespread in Australia someday. :p

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
email seems dodgy but the other options are fine
it depends on how confident you are.. if you talk to them face to face it's easier to get a yes. Quite frankly when you've been put on the spot you might just think, oh why not whereas when given a chance to think (like in writing) then it's a bit more risky or whatever.
and oh there is also a difference between seeing someone and dating them.. if you're pretty sure they're interested then you should do it in person cos it could be easy to misinterpret the nature of the occasion. if you're not sure then do it over sms or something, being rejected in person makes the continuation of friendship that much harder.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I reckon in person is the way to do it. If i am (or the person asking me is) too nervous to do it face to face, how are we going to act when going out, or when people ask us about our relationship. I want to be able to have how we really feel known to each other, and I dont think that can happen if we are too nervous to talk to each other

Dave85

HSC
Dingo2004 said:
ask em out when u r drunk
so u dont feel nervous at all
hahahaha
hahahaha. thats so true. i feel like i can do anything when im drunk... no nerves ever. very wise words.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
but then you wont remember if she said yes or no

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i really dont care, so long as its not email/msn over the internet is a bit dodgy
but i consider sms to be ok

~Dreamer

HSC
i wouldnt mind being asked out by sms...as long as its sweet! being asked out by person is prefrable but not a must, as long as we end up spending some time together!
however i dont like it when the person communicates his feelings to you via anotehr person - it complciates things and causes headaches

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
cj_bridle said:
while we on this topic... why arent more girls asking us guys out these days... its the 21st century, all other sexist perceptions are meant to be eradicated (supposedly) so why leave us with all the hard work geez...

not all guys are super confident with this sort of thing. were not all extroverts.

i donow. its never happened to me so im sort of generalising here... opinions?
who said we wanted all other sexist perceptions eradicated in the first place? I think feminism has it's place, but it's gotten waaaay out of hand. An article i had to read for uni articulated the absurdity of feminism very well. From "The gender of judgements: An introduction - Regina Graycar" " Whenever the adjective 'woman' is used in relation to judges, we implicitly distinguish her from the norm, and we reinforce the underying assumption that judges are men, and that judging is a male activity" This statement could be applied to a wide range of scenarios and still hold true.

I personally dont mind the idea of cooking/cleaning for a guy all the time if he behaves like a gentleman all the time. (read: he must not take me for granted, but appreciate me for who and what I am.) As such, I expect a guy to make the first move.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
*After a romantic dinner*

"How would you like to go upstairs to my room for some gatorade?"

ROFL. That should be in a movie. So unexpected :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
i want to be asked out by iraqi terrorist message! or else ill behead some poor fucker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)