Being late to lectures?? (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Merewether to Chemistry isn't that much of a hassle. As long as you're not doing Wallace to something in Engineering (or something of similar distance) then you shouldn't have problems.

haa... i have an ECON tute in storie dixson, and right after that i have a MATH lecture in wallace.
FML

HSC
Merewether to Chemistry isn't that much of a hassle. As long as you're not doing Wallace to something in Engineering (or something of similar distance) then you shouldn't have problems.
I got a lecture in wallace and the one in the civil engineering right after. I wont be able to move them either. Should I be worried?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
If you come late to a lecture just slip in quietly and sit in the first seat available, and nobody will notice or care.

If you're unlucky enough to be taking courses that mark attendance at lectures (e.g. lots of education subjects do this from experience) then don't be more than 5 minutes late or they might not let you write your name down. And don't leave excessively early either, same deal.

I have rocked up 40 minutes late to tutorials before because of shittyrail and nobody really cared but I wouldn't recommend being late to tutes on a regular basis.

You can chill out a bit about it though, it's not high school and you won't get in trouble.

HSC
If you come late to a lecture just slip in quietly and sit in the first seat available, and nobody will notice or care.

If you're unlucky enough to be taking courses that mark attendance at lectures (e.g. lots of education subjects do this from experience) then don't be more than 5 minutes late or they might not let you write your name down. And don't leave excessively early either, same deal.

I have rocked up 40 minutes late to tutorials before because of shittyrail and nobody really cared but I wouldn't recommend being late to tutes on a regular basis.

You can chill out a bit about it though, it's not high school and you won't get in trouble.
So how do you record your attendance exactly?

Alex499

HSC
I had a tut in merewether, then tut in wallace, then a tut in merewether again last year. I was probably 5 minutes late for each tut. It was fine, no one ever said anything to me about it, particularly because I turned up puffed and sweating, so it was pretty obvious that i had a bit of a walk.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
just don't rock up 10 mins late first thing in the morning, and then walk right across the front of the lecture theatre with a cup of coffee in you hand - some lecturers will ask where theirs is (not fun in front of 200+ people.). And its just rude and disrespectful (which clearly you understand, but some people just dont get it....)

But seriously, people are late all the time. just go in quietly at the back and don't make a fuss.
Tutes are a bit different cos they're much smaller, but at Sydney, you can miss 10% of your classes and be fine (to allow for sickness, lateness etc). more than that and you'll need a pretty good reason.

I found (based solely on my own observation), that punctuality first thing in the morning is inversely proportional to distance travelled. (i.e. college kids are always latest, and those from woollongong and newcastle are always on time - cos there's only one train, and if they miss it they're an hour late).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I found (based solely on my own observation), that punctuality first thing in the morning is inversely proportional to distance travelled. (i.e. college kids are always latest, and those from woollongong and newcastle are always on time - cos there's only one train, and if they miss it they're an hour late).
This is true

I live in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking and I'm nearly always early

Can't stand college/newtown dwellers who turn up late complaining about being tired - I guarantee I was out of bed at least 2 hours before you, and I'm here on time and (mostly) paying attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)