Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

jassono

HSC
mas and anagram arent the same people lol
Come on everyone stop it and just monkey dance:monkey: Go to sleep or cut a tree down:chainsaw:

jellybelly59

HSC
but she placed no parameters or limits on how many. i take one, then i take another one. i did what she asked. i took one. but she didn't place an adverb specifically stating the desired amount. because no, she didn't say only. hence i can take more without going against her command.
hmmm... maybe the mother told you to only take one - just in case it's more then you can chew. Maybe the mother told you to take one lolly so that you could savour the flavour of one instead of going on a rampant frenzy or sugar rush. There are explicit connotations to commands especially when they're in capital letters.

C-BAS

HSC
i'm saying what mas said - writing two relateds automatically means you wrote one. which in turn means they can't fucking punish you if you wrote 2.
By that logic 1 + 1 = 3

Because it didn't say 1 + only 1, so you added the 1 and just decided to add another 1 for the hell of it.

jellybelly59

HSC
haha this is hilarious - people arguing whether 'write about one text' means 'write about one text' or 'write about one text, or write about more, as long as you include one'

why don't i just add 'write about one text, and also include a fairytale' while we're tacking crap onto the end of the question?
+1 and repped.

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
mas and anagram arent the same people lol
Come on everyone stop it and just monkey dance:monkey: Go to sleep or cut a tree down:chainsaw:
Shutup or I'll bash you.

EDIT: Also, when it says ONE, it means ONE. Saying 'Do ONE text' is a command, making every aspect of the sentence imperative. So it doesn't mean do 'at least ONE text', it means 'do only ONE text.' When multiple choice questions asks you to 'fill in ONE circle', it doesn't mean 'at least ONE'...

/thread

/HSC

Last edited:

smarty01

HSC
WTF?!

that is in no way, shape or form, right.
I am hihl annoyed about this. I obeyed the question and only wrote about ONE other related text.

I had planned and would of liked to have written about two. If I had writteb about two my essay would have:
1. been longer
2. been so much better!

I feel now I will do really badly because it is for sure the people with 2 other related texts will have better essays. They will have a better essay then me. Especially those people who just memorise essays and re-write them. If I get low marks because of this then I'll be so angry and annoyed!:chainsaw:

I think just using one other related text should be taken into consideration too because we have spent extra time having to re-think and plan the essay with only using one other text.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
In your answer refer to ONE related text.

It does not say, 'at least ONE'

If they wanted it to MEAN 'at least one' then they would have written that..

People are dumb...
At least not dumb to bring paper into an exam, and then get busted for cheating.

Halloween brings out the trolls

I have a theory that mas and anagram are the same person... :/
Nah, they both go to SBHS, but they're not the same person. Seems like this thread has become SBHS dominated? I count 7-8 SBHS. :p

lauren91

HSC
Has anyone contacted BOS to find out what's actually going on?
If you want a productive argument they're the ones to have it with.
I'd be suprised if they came back saying it'll be marked as if it were at least one. They used the "at least one" phrase for history and memory, so if they meant it they would have used it. I think it's more likely that they'll just disregard the second to keep things fair.

But if you are worried, send an angry email. The board is the one you want to debate about how to interpret ONE
(even though i think it's pretty obvious the capitals imply only. just saying.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)