Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

anagram-

HSC
OKAY. it's me again. before some of you all start complaining like the little pricks you are:

Dear Ritam

In considering students’ responses, markers award marks for demonstration of achievement in relation to the requirements of the question. While marks will not be deducted for responses that refer to more than one related text, students who wrote such responses may not have given themselves the opportunity to demonstrate in as much detail how the texts represent the interpretation of belonging.

The Board will follow its usual practice of reviewing a wide range of responses before the actual marking process begins. Any unusual responses will be taken into account at that stage. Students who wrote about more than two texts may still have made valuable points in their responses. All students can be reassured that all responses to this section of the examination will be marked on their merits.

Garry Green
Senior Assessment Officer , English
Assessment and Reporting
(02)93678241
garry.green@bos.nsw.edu.au

is that evidence enough for you? for all of you calling me a troll, how many of you bothered to go and email the guy??

angelita

HSC
Students who wrote about more than two texts may still have made valuable points in their responses. All students can be reassured that all responses to this section of the examination will be marked on their merits.
Argh. This makes me so angry. Yes, they might have made some valuable points, but they ignored what the frigging question asked! This way, they get an equal, if not more, chance of getting a higher mark than those who actually stuck to what was asked. That's what gets to me.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Argh. This makes me so angry. Yes, they might have made some valuable points, but they ignored what the frigging question asked! This way, they get an equal, if not more, chance of getting a higher mark than those who actually stuck to what was asked. That's what gets to me.
Have a cry.
as fluorescent indicated and discovered so cleverly earlier, this is actually me.
LOLOLOL

Arix

HSC
yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY i so needed to hear that good news!! Thank you! :sun::sun::sun::sun:

insideout

HSC
OMFG, people are still going on about this one text/two text thing.

GO BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

Seriously, who cares, whats done is done, you can't change anything by ranting on BoS, you're just wasting time, something that could be better utilised for STUDYING (I hear it's useful for the HSC!)
+1
LIKE!!
Whats happened has happened people
get over it and move on!
There are actually more important things than fretting over the outcome of something that has already happened!

pattherat111

HSC
You should get deducted for writing about two. The question was for ONE, thats just silly.

You cant change alter a question because you feel like it

BreBre91

HSC
The two most basic components of English are reading and writing. Writing, Check, Reading FAIL! If you cannot read why should you be getting decent marks for english? Explain to me that BOS

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
this is all so petty, who cares one or two texts. Everyone just wants to get ahead of everyone else. No one has an advantage here, stop trying to find one or complain that you should get more marks than people who choose to answer the question in a different way. you will get the marks you deserve stop looking for more or taking marks away from others over a related text.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
There are two things I would like to say.

A) YES, it is petty, but in hsc, petty things become important things if it has to do with your future, (a rather large thing). So actually, it is important.

but;

B) NOBODY WILL KNOW how it is marked until they mark it and until you receive your results back. There's no point bickering about it now. It's not in your hands.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
yes because this essay will determine your future....by all means be petty...sigh this is why i hate hsc

Mas1991

HSC
1. already been said.
2. hsc is positive marking, not negative marking. that's just stupid.
3. read thread before posting
i was obviously being sarcastic. if you read this thread before you can see how many people i pissed of on this really funny subject.

Mas1991

HSC
Let a=b; x a to both sides.
a^2 = ab; - b^2 to both sides
a^2 - b^2 = ab - b^2; factorise
(a+b)(a-b) = b(a-b); cancel common factor of (a-b)
a+b = b; let a=b=1
Therefore, 1+1 = 1; 2=1.

Thus, we have it by the divine authority of the President of Uganda, that in the marker's eyes, ONE text equals TWO texts.
only one problem christian, as a = b (a-b) = 0. therefore dividing by a-b is essentially dividing by zero and so it doesn't work

Sam91

HSC
WTF?!

that is in no way, shape or form, right.

i so agree. so if u followed instructions and ddidnt try to put in a prepared response wth two u get penalised? come on...the others didnt follow the instructions

Sam91

HSC
only one problem christian, as a = b (a-b) = 0. therefore dividing by a-b is essentially dividing by zero and so it doesn't work
wtf? why bring maths into english.leave themath out of the english.they're separate domains

Kikkoman

HSC
EVERYONE ON THIS F**KING THREAD said:
One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah.One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah.One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah.One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah. One text is right, but Two texts isn't wrong either. Blah blah blah blah.
WE F**KING GET IT!!!!!! There is no more argument to be raised, and every person's opinion would SURELY have been raised!!! So.. STOP RUNNING THE F**KING ARGUMENT IN CIRCLES AND GET OVER IT!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)