Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

anagram-

HSC
does it really matter? the whole point of a related text is to support your core texts and give a better understanding of belonging.

that said, they will definitely not mark up people who wrote two. i'm pretty sure on the whole they'll be looking a lot at how well you answered the question more than how many relateds you chose to do. and yes i understand that the ONE related thing was part of the question but, for those saying "it didn't say at least one", nor did it say "ONLY one". you're saying it was in bold and capitalised, but i checked last years paper and it's "at least ONE" in bold and capitals as well. i.e. it wasn't in bold and capitals to make us aware it's ONLY one this time. it was just capitalised like it is EVERY other year.

sunsettah

HSC
last person, we know this. we're just saying that it did not have AT LEAST ONE, like it has in other years.

They did this for a reason.

Mas1991

HSC
last person, we know this. we're just saying that it did not have AT LEAST ONE, like it has in other years.

They did this for a reason.
yeah they did it to test whether everyone would have a cry or not once marking guidelines were published.

And its all semantics. i did write ONE, and i decided to write another ONE. so i wrote TWO, but i also wrote ONE and hence answered the question.

anagram-

HSC
aside from what everyone thinks (myself included) i'm sure the bos studies isn't out to screw us up and i'm sure they've got proper people going through each exam.

if they specifically wanted JUST one and ONLY one they would NOT make it ambiguous. saying "ONE" as we have just bloody seen leaves it open to huge debate. people who did just one answered the question right. yes. but people who answered two also answered one. they were right too. that obviously doesn't entitle them extra consideration AT ALL, but based on what i've read here half of you seem to think they all deserve to be penalised because they're dumbasses and they've all "memorised their essays".

i wanna know how many of you didn't try and memorise most of your points before you walked into a guaranteed 20% of your final school exams.

Mas1991

HSC
aside from what everyone thinks (myself included) i'm sure the bos studies isn't out to screw us up and i'm sure they've got proper people going through each exam.

if they specifically wanted JUST one and ONLY one they would NOT make it ambiguous. saying "ONE" as we have just bloody seen leaves it open to huge debate. people who did just one answered the question right. yes. but people who answered two also answered one. they were right too. that obviously doesn't entitle them extra consideration AT ALL, but based on what i've read here half of you seem to think they all deserve to be penalised because they're dumbasses and they've all "memorised their essays".

i wanna know how many of you didn't try and memorise most of your points before you walked into a guaranteed 20% of your final school exams.
+1 Ritam

anagram-

HSC
^idiot, i don't know how you can make the question any less ambiguous

saying ONLY one just like they say AT LEAST one.

that seems like a pretty easy way to make the question less ambiguous, idiot

but since you clearly didn't read my entire post, i don't expect you to understand what i'm saying after this effort either.

idiot.

greatgreeks2

HSC

but since you clearly didn't read my entire post, i don't expect you to understand what i'm saying after this effort either.

idiot.
mate what are u saying. i dont understand either.

jassono

HSC
Press any key
Strum one string
Cut one tree
Makes one revolution
drinks through one straw
Tennis is played with one ball

How the fuck is ONE ambiguous

epicmel

HSC
this is gayyy.
cmon, for those of us who READ the question slash tried to adapt our essays to the question given - we did what we were told.
we shouldn't be disadvantaged.

anagram-

HSC
i'm saying what mas said - writing two relateds automatically means you wrote one. which in turn means they can't fucking punish you if you wrote 2.

i'm all for the other one being ignored, whatever. but you can't punish someone who DID answer the question, albeit in a different way

if they'd said ONLY one that makes it absolutely clear and then yeah rip their paper up if you want.

kristiejade

HSC
they cannot mark the second related texts! i have no idea wtf this statement is on about, but they will obv read your essay if you did two, and mark you on your first text. there will have to be some implicit penalty (because of positive marking.) they cant just change the rules of a very obvious question because a lot of students couldnt be fucked reading the question, changing their memorised essays or just ignoring the question

anagram-

HSC
it's CLEARLY not that fucking obvious when half the state has done one thing and half the state did the other. all of the hardline "one related text" people will obviously argue your case but then the people who wrote two will argue theirs.

i.e. ambiguous

epicmel

HSC
look obviously BOS thought long and hard about making it ONE related text instead of two this year.
i'm sure they were aware of the consequences.
so don't just go around changing your mind okay BOS?
NOT FAIR.
STOP SCREWING US OVER.

kristiejade

HSC
it's CLEARLY not that fucking obvious when half the state has done one thing and half the state did the other. all of the hardline "one related text" people will obviously argue your case but then the people who wrote two will argue theirs.

i.e. ambiguous
it is obvious as people just went in with their pre-prepared responses! and there was NOTHING ambiguous about that question. it said ONE text. not 'at least one', but ONE. it, in no way, asked for any extra material apart from your set text and ONE related text. by year twelve you would assume you'd be able to differentiate between the two

HSC

i.e. ambiguous
it's not an argument when only one side can count

greatgreeks2

HSC
listen the marking criteria says "describes text in detail" and so if it asks for one text u have to describe ONE in detail if u describe 2 then its not indetail unless u can do around 2 points on each

anagram-

HSC
it doesn't tell you anything to do with writing more than one related text. agreed. but it doesn't say anything about NOT doing more than one related text either. it's open to interpretation, and all of you are saying "reading the question" is part of the english. so is interpretation.

anyway, in the end, everyone's right !! if you wrote one, good! if you wrote two, you wrote one as well and you made reference to another... you still wrote one!! and as i said, they will probably ignore the other related text, OR if people WERE truly screwed up by one related, they will see that in the standard of essays and they'll scale things accordingly.

BOS is a bunch of muppets

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

idiot.
Ok, because it doesn't say 'ONLY', you automatically assume that it means 'at least'

Wow

And you call everyone else an idiot :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)