Belonging Question Predictions. (1 Viewer)

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
Greetings,
I was reviewing the previous examinations pertaining to belonging and was wondering, hypothetically, what this years paper would be predicated on. Personally, I believe that connections to community may make an appearance. What do you think?

belinda1005

HSC
Greetings,
I was reviewing the previous examinations pertaining to belonging and was wondering, hypothetically, what this years paper would be predicated on. Personally, I believe that connections to community may make an appearance. What do you think?
My English teacher and I said the same thing :) I assume it will come up.

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
I believe acceptance was implicit in the 2009 question ‘Understanding nourishes belonging. A lack of understanding prevents it.’.

SanjoyM

HSC
Perhaphs, nuturing self-identity through forming connections to the larger world ?
Memories, moments etc..
It definitely will not be: Relationships, places or community, as these questions have asked in the past! If you notice the pattern, every year it is based on a new concept of Belonging

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
Connections to the larger world was asked in 2010, ‘An individual’s interaction with others and the world around them can enrich or limit their experience of belonging‘

deswa1

HSC
I so hope we get something like "How does belonging lead to an enriching sense of identity or something" I will legit laugh to myself in reading time (and then probably cry depending on the creative lol)

SanjoyM

HSC
Whatever it is, it probably will not be anything we have not practiced/studied.
However, BOS does have the tendency of being unadulterated sadists:p (2011 Mod B)

Surdo

HSC
Something about identity or experiences I have a feeling

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
In all likelihood, yes. They feed upon the misery of guileless students. :)

SanjoyM

HSC
Whatever it is, it probably will not be anything we have not practiced/studied.
However, BOS does have the tendency of being unadulterated sadists:p (2011 Mod B)[/QUOTE

Reckon they would specify a text again?
Very likely. It is their way of "cracking down prepared responses"
I'm doing speeches for Mod B and apparently Atwood and Sadat are very likely to be specified.
This Mod C question, if it comes in the HSC will kill people as well lol How has the study of conflicting perspectives shaped your understanding of the limitations of representation?

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
Or perchance the fates truly despise us and we get asked to write a speech for conflicting perspectives. *shudder*

SanjoyM

HSC
Or perchance the fates truly despise us and we get asked to write a speech for conflicting perspectives. *shudder*
Haha! It's actually not that bad though. It may seem daunting at first, but moulding essays into speeches is less arduous than the aforementioned question.

deswa1

HSC
Speeches aren't that bad to write- that essay would be a shocker imo. I would probs take the line that through conflicting perspectives, we come to the conclusion that no matter the extent of a representation, conflicting views will always have some sort of say- like you can't make your piece SO one sided that all other views are non-existent. This is a limitation of representation etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)