Belonging Question Predictions. (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
However, culture is not so prevalent in The Simple Gift by Steven Herrick - Perhaps, community is mostly likely
Past assumptions or preconceived notions is likely as well.
what is meant by past assumptions and preconvceived notions?

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
Does this quote seem somewhat familiar, 'He belonged to a long tradition of European thought, which celebrated as an essential constituent of human life, a community of equals'. Ergo, one could certainly argue the veracity of that aforementioned statement, as belonging to community is explored throughout the progression of 'Romulus, My Father'.

connie94

HSC
to those of you who have memorised stories, what will you do if they ask for a speech? like you can't adapt a story to be a speech
and you can't write what you've written for the essay in section three? should you prepare something separate in case it's a feature article/speech/transcript?

nightweaver066

HSC
connie94 said:
to those of you who have memorised stories, what will you do if they ask for a speech? like you can't adapt a story to be a speech
Incorporate it as an anecdote :L

connie94

HSC
Incorporate it as an anecdote :L
hahah that makes it SO obvious its a prepared memorised story you've just adapted!hmmm i think i'll just have to do it on the spot (and hope for the best) however i believe it's going to be a speech!

rselvage

HSC
after doing past hsc and cssa papers im leaning towards "belonging to self" - purely because something of that nature hasn't arisen as of yet.

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Skryznecki's poetry and I think identity is more of a complex theme explored in his poems. In most of them cultural identity is what is explored. I think the question needs to be something more obvious which everyone can answer, to give us standard students more of a chance!

mike12345678

HSC
since everyone is predicting a question based on identity.

why doesnt someone post one up?
if you've got an exam question from anywhere or can make up a good one post it on here

deswa1

HSC
Just make one up- Belonging is an intrinsic need of humanity as it leads to the creation of an identity. To what extent is this explored in your prescribed text and related texts of your choosing

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
These questions are on how belonging attributes to a sense of self i.e. identity, enjoy :)1.To what extent do different groups to which we belong define who we are, in your answer refer to your prescribed text and two texts of your own choosing.2.Claude Levi Strauss once said ‘being human signifies, for each one of us, belonging to a class, society, a country and a civilization’ explain this statement with close reference to your prescribed text and a variety of supplementary texts of your own choosing in 1000-1500 word essay3.Belonging to a community of group has a significant impact on an individual’s sense of self. ’ Discuss this statement, focusing on how the composers of the texts you have studies represent belonging4.Belonging to a certain entity is the result of a particular identity. Discuss.5.Belonging is the cornerstone to finding identity in an individual’. To what extent is this true of your texts?6.Belonging has been said to shape our identity. How does our sense of belonging shape who we are as individuals? (Total Education 2009 Trial)7.“Individuals have to first construct themselves, independently, before they can be a part of other things.” Is this your understanding of belonging?

Aysce

HSC
Sorry if this sounds stupid but do you guys think they'll make the question only being one sided ie Referring to only belonging or not belonging? I'm just curious so yeah...

deswa1

HSC
No because some things lean towards one and some the other (like Skrzynecki is pretty much not belonging). That's why most questions are like "To what extent is this explored" etc.

lonelynight99

HSC
No because some things lean towards one and some the other (like Skrzynecki is pretty much not belonging). That's why most questions are like "To what extent is this explored" etc.
Yep, every single poem is not belonging for Skrynezcki, I did that !!

Aysce

HSC
But for questions like that, can you also follow up with belonging or not belonging? (dependent on the question)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)