Belonging Related Text - "The Big Bang Theory"? (1 Viewer)

Jesscaah

HSC
Okay, I'm not sure if the TV comedy "The Big Bang Theory" is an appropriate related text to use for Belonging. I mean, I really like the show and know the characters really well and many of the story lines. Do you think it would be okay? Or should I do something different? By the way, my prescribed text is "Strictly Ballroom". Thank's for any help!

enoilgam

HSC
Okay, I'm not sure if the TV comedy "The Big Bang Theory" is an appropriate related text to use for Belonging. I mean, I really like the show and know the characters really well and many of the story lines. Do you think it would be okay? Or should I do something different? By the way, my prescribed text is "Strictly Ballroom". Thank's for any help!
If it fits, you should do it. I remember I did an episode of my favourite TV show, and I had a really great paragraph on it. Its easy to write something good when you have a liking for the text- obviously make sure it fits. If it does, go for it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't do the whole show though, pick one particular episode that really focuses on Belonging.

Jennibeans

HSC
Remember to avoid re-telling the plot of the episode. You need to link it to concepts about belonging and you need to refer to techniques in your discussion.

herbs1

HSC
So much you can talk about in BBT. Choice not to belong, barriers to belonging in society, understanding and not understanding in belonging, individuality as a form of belonging, belonging on ones own terms, etc

Jesscaah

HSC
Exactly the reason why I thought of it! :) It's a plus that I love the show as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)