• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Speeches (1 Viewer)

butterflys13

HSC
any ideas for speeeches on belonging?? I'm looking to stay away from the typical Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandella, JFK etc....

thanks in advance

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Do you have any sort of specific topic/thesis to discuss?

If you're looking for just a generic speech, I'd probably go with something about connection to a particular place or maybe even human interconnectedness. I guess poems would be a good start. I.e. Keats, Tennyson, etc.

butterflys13

HSC
well my text is immigrant chronicles so something related to immigration :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just because your text is Immigrant Chronicles - doesn't mean that your related texts need to be related to immigration. I did fairly well in the HSC where none of my texts were immigration related. One of them was just Christian invaders destroying a tribe's way of life, and another was about migration (note immigration =/= migration).

gesh17

HSC
N/A
Just because your text is Immigrant Chronicles - doesn't mean that your related texts need to be related to immigration. I did fairly well in the HSC where none of my texts were immigration related. One of them was just Christian invaders destroying a tribe's way of life, and another was about migration (note immigration =/= migration).
Yeah I totally agree. And in fact it may be to your advantage to have a text that is quite different to Immigrant Chronicle because when you go to do your synthesis, it's probably a bit better to highlight differences rather than similarities.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i did fairly well in the hsc where none of my texts were immigration related.
and in fact it may be to your advantage to have a text that is quite different to immigrant chronicle because when you go to do your synthesis, it's probably a bit better to highlight differences rather than similarities.
+1

ballinger

HSC
N/A
Why don't you try Bruce Dawe's poetry re Belonging immigration texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)