• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Benefactors (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
what do you want or expect us to put in these applications. it feels so formal, so pressurised.

can you give us more fine-tuned details of what to do?

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
How about some negative groups (like Insensitive Buggers), where you don't apply but if enough members make complaints mods can drag you into that group.

That way more potential groups can be created for both positive and negative members, as well as localised groups for those who linger around and contribute a large chunk to a specific section of the forum.

tennille

HSC
Komaticom said:
How about some negative groups (like Insensitive Buggers), where you don't apply but if enough members make complaints mods can drag you into that group.

That way more potential groups can be created for both positive and negative members, as well as localised groups for those who linger around and contribute a large chunk to a specific section of the forum.
That's a good idea. But all of the negative members can only post in that forum and nowhere alse. Just imagine the fights in there. lol. At least it'll be contained.

J

jhakka

Gawd, that would be nice. But why would they stick with that? They'd just re-register under new names.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If email verification is enabled i reckon that would cut quite a few people from bothering.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
as if the reps weren't enough, we have a totally constructed a detailed and precise social heirachy in BoS.

I'm not against it, I'm just surprised...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the rep system can't always give a clear indicater of how useful a member is to bored. however, the useof this new implemented system allows other members, whether old or new to decide their credibility without knowing them previously.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Komaticom said:

It's not a good idea to attach a permanent social stigma to a person. That is part of the reason negative reps were removed, I'd imagine.

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:
It's not a good idea to attach a permanent social stigma to a person. That is part of the reason negative reps were removed, I'd imagine.

inner child: I disagree. The purpose of the moderators is to moderate. They are not better than the other members, but have shown to be trustworthy and good at what they do. Likewise the Benefactors are not better than other members - but membership simply recognises their efforts towards helping people and/or making the forums a nicer place to be. It is helpful for people to know whether they can trust the advice they've been given (and I do not mean non-benefactors give bad advice), as the reputation system alone is not sufficient for this job.

I am an entirely free entity. I have new resources open to me, but I still follow my own agenda and my own code of ethics. Being a benefactor does not make me better than anybody else or change the way I will act to people - and there would be a problem if it did.
:D slide rule will then be open to down-sizing

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Komaticom said:

imo - no way, sorry, you don't 'reward' people for being bad

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I haven't been around here long enough so my app got the axe as well.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
I wouldn't be surprised if "you're an idiot" is the most frequent reason for a Benefactor rejection.
*Points to own join date
*Points to Moderator status
*wanders off

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i'm sure you would be tiger, you just keep hammering away at those applications

i dont see the benefit in being a benefactor, its like being a policeman without a gun

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
um.. said:
i'm sure you would be tiger, you just keep hammering away at those applications

i dont see the benefit in being a benefactor, its like being a policeman without a gun
Because, of course, being a policeman is all about shooting people?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
theone123 said:
i want to apply, how do you do that?
if you cant even read thru this thread to find out how, i dont like your chances of becoming one :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)