• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Benefactors (3 Viewers)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i would like to nominate ur_inner_child as a benefactor. i believe many people would agree with this choice.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Asquithian said:
Jaz man tim owns the person above you thread (considering that about 80% to 90% of his last 725 or so posts were in that thread - no hyperbole)

Without him it would be dead...the forum would be lesser :uhhuh:
haha :p holidays... so boring.. must post.... :p
but im back at school now so no more major spamming for me :p

to join you go to group memberships in your user cp and u apply there. no need for pm

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
transcendent said:
i would like to nominate ur_inner_child as a benefactor. i believe many people would agree with this choice.
me too!
i thought she would be one of the first =S

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
that's a gay way of doing it, it should be the other way round

J

jhakka

transcendent said:
As was said above, it's up to the member to apply. If they don't apply, it's assumed they don't want in.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
My rein of terror was at least eventful! I'd be some kid of super mod by now If I didn't give you that msn convo!
There there, we all know you were unfairly dismissed. :p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Without Wings said:
you don't necessarily have to be around for a long time to be a benefactor, slide rule and jazz man tim have joined after you as you can see.
moi aussi. rep is not a factor at all cos some people scammed rep before it was outlawed. *looks in other direction*

santaslayer

HSC
to give something i must get something in return...what do u benefactors get? :p (except the little bos man and name in bold?)...im just not too sure of how the system works...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Think of it as a way of distinguishing those who have helped and shown their want to help and contribute to the various subject areas/sections and identifying them easier to the general public.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
as if the reps weren't enough, we have a totally constructed a detailed and precise social heirachy in BoS.

I'm not against it, I'm just surprised...
Welcome to society?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
santaslayer said:
to give something i must get something in return...what do u benefactors get? :p (except the little bos man and name in bold?)...im just not too sure of how the system works...
Read the description. See the word 'altruism'? Synonym: selflessness. Was what you just said selfless?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
A very limited view of altruism you have there.

It is not selflessness, but synonymous with it. There is much overlap, yes, but to be altruistic one mustn't necessarily sacrifice theirself. It is generally placing others above yourself to help them, but in some situations that isn't the best thing to do, or it is useless to do so. Taking your example of praising others and criticising yourself: that does neither you or them any good. It creates a power imbalance which they will likely abuse and you passively accept your criticism of yourself, whether you mean it or not (and even worse - you can bet they'll believe you).

And further altruism is an ideal - it is something one might strive for, but it is not something one can achieve perfectly; from time to time safety, physiological, love and esteem needs are bound to overpower ideals.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
thejosiekiller said:
they didnt like my application cause i was too honest
did they private message you? did they phone you up or did they knock on your door?

you will then begin to wonder who they are connectd to, to get such details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)