• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best and Worst TV Advertisement (2 Viewers)

Foxodi

HSC
Worst ad's is whenever they inappropriately use slutty chicks to make a sale... total desperation, enforces stereotypes further and reflects complete lack of creativity.

katiesfriend

HSC
the coke ads from 2005... i think it was coke live and local? bout summer or sumthing.. was a good ad,, but the extra dry ad when the guy plants his hair and it grows? BEST AD EVAH!!!!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Any closing down/warehouse/stock take/etc. sale where the guy shouts at you for the whole ad.

xJennax

HSC
I really don't like that "Forty winks forty hour sale" one with the weird, slightly whispering voice.

gigglinJess

Broken Inside
HSC
I must say I hate ringtone ads....especially when they play the same one 3 or 4 times during an ad break

bassistx

HSC
gigglinJess said:
I must say I hate ringtone ads....especially when they play the same one 3 or 4 times during an ad break
Why didn't any mention this earlier?
I hate those ads, esp. when you're trying to watch a progam past midnight and they have the "girls on your phone" crap.

jest3r

HSC
Yeah, I agree, beer ads are generally the best.

The worst ads would have to be any of those erectile dysfunction ads from AMI and the Motor Finance Wizard ads with that really annoying jingle ("motor finance wizard said yes!"). Dammit, now that jingle is stuck on replay in my head now...ffs.

Finx

HSC
The ad's that pretend to give you prize money.

You know the one, where some ditzy-bitch girl asks you how many spots are on her shirt?

Or the one where she puts the ball under a cup (there are three cups on the table) and she makes two rotations and asks you where the ball is?

The fact that some people actually think they might win money is so stupid.

EDIT: These are the worst ads, not my favourite ones =P

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
The Magic Bullet ad used to draw me in somehow. The one with the American couples and one of them is hosting some shindig and they make all these things with the Magic Bullet... in just one, two, three simple steps.

Its bad.

And to whoever said the "Forty Winks Forty Hour Sale" one, I totally agree. The voice is so annoying and slightly creepy.

Finx

HSC
your.knee said:
The Magic Bullet ad used to draw me in somehow. The one with the American couples and one of them is hosting some shindig and they make all these things with the Magic Bullet... in just one, two, three simple steps.
O-m-f-g. I loved the Magic Bullet. I seriously wanted to buy one..

And then I slept over a friend's house and tried to explain it to him.

He said "Er, what? Nothing can be that awesome.."

So I forced him to watch it that night. Friend's quote: "Damn. What number do I call to get one?"

Shoelia

HSC
Worst ad ever:- Thin Lizzy. no one needs to hear New Zealanders say Thin, Lizzy, Six in one or skin a billion times. No offence meant to any new zealanders.

Jess007

HSC
worst ad

the one with the beer, asnd the guy is growing it and the old lady is an experiemtn

friggin dirty as

not sure what kind of beer it is though

best...hrmm not sure really i seem to remeber the bad ones not the good

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Jess007 said:
worst ad

the one with the beer, asnd the guy is growing it and the old lady is an experiemtn

friggin dirty as

not sure what kind of beer it is though

best...hrmm not sure really i seem to remeber the bad ones not the good
That is why it's good advertisement

Jess007

HSC
yeh true.... but the add...so bad... lol...so works

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
all ads are bad? i wanna watch my freakin show =(

worst ones would be teh election campaign ads >O

L-esky

HSC
I hate those ads around at the moment where you text to find out if you're being cheated on/who the love of your life is/your flirt score. Are people really that dumb to be sucked in by that?
Oh, and the carpet court jester should be shot.

The best ad is the great wall of China one for Bigpond. It makes me laugh. And I used to like the maccas one with the kid who'd just got his P's.

Last edited:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
L-esky said:
I hate those ads around at the moment where you text to find out if you're being cheated on/who the love of your life is/your flirt score. Are people really that dumb to be sucked in by that?
Oh, and the carpet court jester should be shot.

The best ad is the great wall of China one for Bigpond. It makes me laugh. And I used to like the maccas one with the kid who'd just got his P's.

Oh I hate those ads, and the worse part, it's on every night on pay tv. I mean we got pay tv to avoid these type of advertisement and now they're flooded with them. :(

Pace_T

HSC
i like those ads with those two guys communicating without actually saying anything. where he said that the bilstein shocks get rid of cellulite.

i hate the crazy john (i think) add with that stupid animated red and yellow slut walks up and says "want the best deals great service..." etc
how pathetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)