Best Beer for Girls (1 Viewer)

frenchduke

HSC
Hahah, those vanilla essence thingys sold heaps in the wake of the alcopop tax.
You'd be better off getting cooking wine or something. We saw 1L bottles of it for $10. Was 20% alc as well.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
hey bru you realise pretty much all Australian beers are Lagers right? So Crowny sells more than Tooheys New, VB or XXXX?

frenchduke

HSC
Riet said:
hey bru you realise pretty much all Australian beers are Lagers right? So Crowny sells more than Tooheys New, VB or XXXX?
I meant to say most popular premium lagers. Which of course, isn't more then tooheys , vb etc.
Still, my original point was that I don't mind the taste, and theres obviously a great many others who don't either, and that the O.P could give them a try if they were after a new drink.
I'm not terribly fussed if you don't like them Riet, thats your choice.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Dude, the Toyota Camry and Commodore are the best selling cars in Australia, are they the best?

frenchduke

HSC
Riet said:
Dude, the Toyota Camry and Commodore are the best selling cars in Australia, are they the best?
Nope, neither does being the best australian selling beer make it the best beer. I haven't made that claim either.
My point, which you ignore for arguments sake, is that there must be something good about it for it to sell so highly. If something doesn't sell well, because no one likes it, it is often discontinued.
Im not saying that Crownies are the best beer. I'm saying that I like them, and the OP might too...

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
It's called marketting man. Notice how Tooheys Extra Dry sales went nuts after the tongue ad and such? There musn't be anything good about it other than image.

frenchduke

HSC
Marketing only works for the first few sales. By that I mean per customer.
If you bought something based on an add, and it turned out to be shit, would you stick with it?

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
thats true. but hey, it works.

this is what i drink..

stella artois
heineken
becks
asahi
sapporo

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I drink bottom shelf Australian beers because they're cheap. They're not gold, but they're not nearly as awfull as beerheads make them out to be. If awesome foreign beers were cheap, I'd drink them.

I assume this is most peoples rationale.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
If I want something light and refreshing, boag's st george is good. Girls I know seem to like it and you can down 10 without a sweat because it doesn't have the same bloating effect of really good beer.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
Graney said:
I drink bottom shelf Australian beers because they're cheap. They're not gold, but they're not nearly as awfull as beerheads make them out to be. If awesome foreign beers were cheap, I'd drink them.

I assume this is most peoples rationale.
i dont mind the occasional extra dry. pure blonde tends to always make me sick though for some reason.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
seriously the best beer i have ever tried is a mate's dads home brew, but it was like a full on keg setup, and he is so into it lol

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
icraig88 said:
i dont mind the occasional extra dry. pure blonde tends to always make me sick though for some reason.
probably because they are chat. They taste metally.

boris

Banned
HSC
I drink extra dry mostly because its cheap and not too bad tastewise. tooheys new even though it tastes like shit because i was brought up on it. Carlton draught because same reason. Hahn super dry because its a bit lighter than extra dry. Dont mind some pilsiners. Heiniken etc are good for a change. James squire is pretty good, tastes like weetbix though. Half you stupid homos aren't qualified to give your opinion because you aren't even 18 and can't even have said beers off tap.

kato33

HSC
I used to work at Bavarian Bier cafe- (they are a german restaurant that imports all the best german beer) so if you cant stand the taste of regular beers i reommend going to ur botle shop and finding one that is imported from germany- they are better for you hangover, healthier and taste way better- and not too pricey either,
but in terms of normal beer my girls and me drink bluetongue, and coronas
maybe extra dry if we are desperate!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
christy...never said:
I don't much like beer but its cheaper than spirits or cruisers...whats a good beer thats not too bitter?
Water. GTFO.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
kato33 said:
I used to work at Bavarian Bier cafe- (they are a german restaurant that imports all the best german beer) so if you cant stand the taste of regular beers i reommend going to ur botle shop and finding one that is imported from germany- they are better for you hangover, healthier and taste way better- and not too pricey either,
but in terms of normal beer my girls and me drink bluetongue, and coronas
maybe extra dry if we are desperate!
alcohol is never healthy in the first place.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
For more sugary beers, try those Carlton lime fusions ones or Monteith Raddlers (which are the duck's nuts imo).

For beers that taste like beer, only less so, try Corona's or those low carb beers like Pure Blonde and Super Dry.

An alternative is TED's (extra drys) because they're so sweet for a beer, but I'd recommend the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)