best cure for acne?what causes acne? (1 Viewer)

suliana

HSC
do you have acne?what is the best cure for acne??I've tried neutrogena,clearisil then proactiv which I was hoping would work but it obviously didn't!!does proactiv work for you???
I've also tried toothpaste and tea tree oil but still nothing:cold: It's not that bad but i just hate when i have white heads and the scars on my face from pimples is really ugly!what causes acne?I heard it's caused by your hormones....

PLEASE HELP

>thanks<

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Have you consulted a dermatologist? Seriously.. as BabyK said, the pill can be effective. You should probably see a doctor, get a referral to a dermatologist and find out for sure why it's happening.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
THE pill. The one that stop's you getting preggers by controlling your hormones.

Troll im guessing.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Dermatologists can be partially covered by Medicare. Depends on the doctor. ALSO with a referral they're almost always (at least partially) covered by a Health Fund if you're a member of one.

And yeah.. THE Pill.

ASNSWR127

HSC
you need to see a dermotologist who will prescribe you with 'roacutane' - this drug lowers the amount of oil tha is secreted into your skin...

the thing that causes acne is oil being secreted. You need a script from a Dr for this particular drug.

Hope this helps :)

novembre

HSC
N/A
any natural ways to cure it?? other than time and sleep..

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'd recommend, if you haven't already, to try the following before any pills or whatever:

- Use a non soapy, non drying cleanser--QV, Cetaphil. Won't dry your face out, so you don't get more rebound oil production. Use twice a day. Make sure you're doing the whole splash with tepid water to open up pores, massage cleanser in, wait, then rinse out again with tepid water and close up pores with cold water.
- Use an appropriate moisturiser. I know it sounds contradictory but if you keep your face well moisturised, again, rebound oil production won't occur
- Don't pick at your face--bacteria and stuff can infect and aggravate the acne
- If you get flare ups from particular foods and things, try to avoid them
- For spot treatment, use one of those benzoyl peroxide things, e.g. Clearasil Ultra.

If it's still not good, try that benzoyl peroxide wash in the green box. And if it's still not good, you might have to see a doctor. The pills they usually put you on are the normal contraceptive pill, or antibiotics, and for really serious stuff, Roaccutane. Hopefully you won't need to go there.

Donski

HSC
N/A
lala2 said:
I'd recommend, if you haven't already, to try the following before any pills or whatever:

- Use a non soapy, non drying cleanser--QV, Cetaphil. Won't dry your face out, so you don't get more rebound oil production. Use twice a day. Make sure you're doing the whole splash with tepid water to open up pores, massage cleanser in, wait, then rinse out again with tepid water and close up pores with cold water.
- Use an appropriate moisturiser. I know it sounds contradictory but if you keep your face well moisturised, again, rebound oil production won't occur
- Don't pick at your face--bacteria and stuff can infect and aggravate the acne
- If you get flare ups from particular foods and things, try to avoid them
- For spot treatment, use one of those benzoyl peroxide things, e.g. Clearasil Ultra.

If it's still not good, try that benzoyl peroxide wash in the green box. And if it's still not good, you might have to see a doctor. The pills they usually put you on are the normal contraceptive pill, or antibiotics, and for really serious stuff, Roaccutane. Hopefully you won't need to go there.
actually i like cetaphil. expensive though

ASNSWR127

HSC
no thats true - I have heard roacutane is quite a dangerous drug. However if appropriately controlled and STRICTLY kept to the script it is a good way to aggresively remove acne - normally works in 7-8 months of taking it :)

Donski

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
THE pill. The one that stop's you getting preggers by controlling your hormones.

Troll im guessing.
meh, how about no fucking, period.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Side effects of Roaccutane incl photosensitivity (so slip, slop and slap all the way!), dryness everywhere--face, chapped lips, nose bleeds are possible from the dryness, eyes as well so contact lenses may not be a good idea...just dry. skin peeling, rash, muscle aches and pains. There are some very serious ones though, like pancreatitis and hepatitis but fortunately they are rare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)