Best GPS school (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
hmmm...interesting... then what where the 'public' schools back then known as?

but it is kinda ironic that they still have Greater Public Schools instead of Greater Private Schools. Please, keep up with the times!
The GPS school came mostly fron england. Over there "Private" school are called public schools. The "Public" school are call grammar schools.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Not really, considering that public schools were schools that commoners could attend (if they had the money), as opposed to schools only for aristocracy.

And I believe SCEGS no longer exists. It has been renamed Shore School.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Templar said:
Not really, considering that public schools were schools that commoners could attend (if they had the money), as opposed to schools only for aristocracy.

And I believe SCEGS no longer exists. It has been renamed Shore School.
It's still call SCEGS as its whole name, "Shore" was used because they yell that out in sport events and it's just shorter to say, u cant yell Sydney Church Of England Grammar School in a sporting event, u be some kind of retard to do so.

Last edited:

live.fast

HSC
N/A
look, its as simple as this. GPS schools get loads of money, so dey get loads more opportunities den other schools. But other schools can still kick GPS school ass....

so what this means is

GPS schools all suck. the end.

=)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
live.fast said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

look, its as simple as this. GPS schools get loads of money, so dey get loads more opportunities den other schools. But other schools can still kick GPS school ass....

so what this means is

=)
No, GPS schools pWn other schools.

Except for Scots, and to an extent Newington.

=candii=

HSC
JaredR said:
GPS schools prevent the aristocracy being poisoned by the common population.

I'm wanting to get attacked. :$
haha your so asking for it :p

gracie007

HSC
live.fast said:

so what this means is

=)

what other schools kick their asses?

skepticality

HSC
I believe we've been pWning you guys in 4UMaths for a long long time am i not right?

And No wtf? You guys can beat GPS schools in any sport other than rugby?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
The argument for GPS schools is not that it offers the best academics or the best sporting teams, rather, the ability to have a great academic result backed up by all roundedness in extra curricular fields (I know it is a generalised comment and may only apply to a few members of the GPS, but it is still valid in regards to those school). Most of the schools that offers great academic track record or possess superior sporting teams are found lacking in other areas. School is not just about studying and doing the best academically, rather, to encourage you to engage in every facet of life possible as well.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Templar said:
The argument for GPS schools is not that it offers the best academics or the best sporting teams, rather, the ability to have a great academic result backed up by all roundedness in extra curricular fields (I know it is a generalised comment and may only apply to a few members of the GPS, but it is still valid in regards to those school). Most of the schools that offers great academic track record or possess superior sporting teams are found lacking in other areas. School is not just about studying and doing the best academically, rather, to encourage you to engage in every facet of life possible as well.
agreed wholeheartedly. Templar, thank you for clearly summarising what the GPS is meant to be.

and honestly, who cares about what is the best GPS school? it makes little to no difference in the real world imo. whats more important is the extent that you have used those resources (for academics, sports, extra-cirricular) provided there for you at these schools.

skepticality

HSC
LottoX said:
I think there's a lot more to school than 4 unit Maths, however, technically we still take a higher % of Band 6 and E4.

i.e. NSB own NSG hard at 4 unit maths every year, yet we always do worse overall...

Your higher 4 unit Maths merits can be attributed to you high candicature (120 people, if I can recall), while we only have a small candicature (50 something), we consistently get higher percentages of merits, while you get higher numbers.

Also, I don't really get what you're talking about in that second bit. Are you agreeing with me? Because that's what it sounds like.
The second part was actually a question. Ie i was asking you how so?

The reason we have a larger candidature is because we are more capable. (o snap...)

It is spelt candidature.

shellsbells15

HSC
i was laughing when i read the 'why are we even arguing about this... who cares' and i was thinking what a champion... i look at the name and ITS GRACIE!!!

you little legend.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
LottoX said:
See, our school is picky, limiting us to only 3 classes of Maths Extension 2.
See, no school should be stupid enough to limit students when they can achieve the top band. So either that says the school does not have confidence that any more than 3 classes will get the top band, or there's some inherent problem in the admin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)