Best Live Music Experiences Eva (1 Viewer)

7oas7y

HSC
2008 DSS Warehouse gig on Parramatta Road was insane. Bass bins and a wall of speakers. Cops showed and shut the place down due to a dangerous location (the stairs were shaking it was hilarious) but nobody gave a shit and the music kept the adrenalin rushing. Double Robin played the most memorable set I'll ever hear, met him after the gig and gave him a hug and a high five. If anyone ever gets a chance to go to a DSS event I recommend you take that opportunity.

johony

HSC
2008 DSS Warehouse gig on Parramatta Road was insane. Bass bins and a wall of speakers. Cops showed and shut the place down due to a dangerous location (the stairs were shaking it was hilarious) but nobody gave a shit and the music kept the adrenalin rushing. Double Robin played the most memorable set I'll ever hear, met him after the gig and gave him a hug and a high five. If anyone ever gets a chance to go to a DSS event I recommend you take that opportunity.
i was so jealous when i saw cops shutting the gig down on tv
did you turn up to the one in alexandria (i think?) this year?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
muse/coldplay front row were pretty epic

also loved the fucking atmosphere at daft punk tbh... so much respect - well at least where i was standing

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
haha oh man this too. amazing night.
they were playing minimal-ish music (on the top floor i think it was) but spent most of nights around the breakcore area somewhere in the middle. coming out of the place to see like a million sniffer dogs was pretty hilarious.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
Iron Maiden, From Churchill's speech to Hallowed be thy name it was awesome, Fear of the dark gave me goosebumps

I think Slayer and Megadeth might top it tomorrow night
Iron Maiden still the best but my god, did Megadeth give them a run for there money. That list was insane, it's a pity Slayer weren't all that impressive

BillEvans

HSC
i'm underage also

presets this year - had to listen to some shit opening bands, namely architecture in helsinki, but the climax was fucking insane when they started playing - nd they put on a real show.
also there were bars in the venue and was with a couple overage mates who bought the rounds.

Do some research and you'll hear about Daft - if you havnt already...i'm pumped [about the film also]*.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i'm underage also

presets this year - had to listen to some shit opening bands, namely architecture in helsinki, but the climax was fucking insane when they started playing - nd they put on a real show.
also there were bars in the venue and was with a couple overage mates who bought the rounds.

Do some research and you'll hear about Daft - if you havnt already...i'm pumped [about the film also]*.
lol ^

7oas7y

HSC
i was so jealous when i saw cops shutting the gig down on tv
did you turn up to the one in alexandria (i think?) this year?
There have been two Alexandria ones this year that I know of. One last Saturday (fucked me over for the HSC Business Paper...) and one aaaaages before that, May perhaps? Anyway, there's a bushdoof coming up this Saturday that I'd really like to check out, only I know that it will rape me once again for my Maths HSC paper... There will be plenty more to come though.

Beege

HSC
Muse @ Sydney Entertainment Centre - 2007
Nine Inch Nails @ Hordern Pavilion - 2009
Rage Against The Machine @ BDO Sydney - 2008
Arcade Fire @ Enmore Theatre - 2008
The Flaming Lips @ Hordern Pavilion - 2009
Dizzee Rascal @ BDO Sydney - 2008

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Patrick Wolf at Shepherd's Bush in London, a few days before Christmas in 2007, his finale concert for the Magic Position tour. So much glitter. Then went to the afterparty and hung out with amazing gays and trannies. Best night.

The Jesus and Mary Chain at the Enmore, 2008.

Pixies at V Fest, 2007.

The Stooges at BDO, 2006.

TV on the Radio at the Gaelic, 2006.

Patti Smith at the Opera House, 2008.

Michael Jackson in... 1996

Guns N' Roses in 1993

(last two because my dad took me and I was so young and it was such a new and amazing and wonderful experience. Esp Guns N' Roses - that was fucking weird. so many old biker men and metal dudes and I was just this little princess who'd just turned five and was sitting on my daddy's shoulders rocking out.)

J4

HSC
Muse @ BDO 2007

Rage Against The Machine @ Sydney Entertainment Center

The Mars Volta @ Hi-Fi Bar

Tool @ The Sydney Myer Music Bowl

Prodigy @ BDO 2009

All five are some of the best performers in the world

JustSam

HSC
Lupe Fiasco - BDO
The Bronx - Coaster
Incubus - Big Top

HSC
N/A
Muse @ BDO 2007

Rage Against The Machine @ Sydney Entertainment Center

The Mars Volta @ Hi-Fi Bar

Tool @ The Sydney Myer Music Bowl

Prodigy @ BDO 2009

All five are some of the best performers in the world
You're a sucker for not seeing Neil Young.

JustSam

HSC
Neil Young? are you for real?

Prodigy shat all over him, hence why more people went to the boiler room
Young was a waste of money.
Speak for yourself mate, Neil Young was pretty God damn awesome.

The man is an icon and has some great songs. It was your loss not seeing him.

J4

HSC
Speak for yourself mate, Neil Young was pretty God damn awesome.

The man is an icon and has some great songs. It was your loss not seeing him.
You ask any of the people that were at Syd BDO, and im guessing at least 7-8 think prodigy would have been AND were better

Young may be a pioneer of music, but his music is about 20 years past it

Semicolon

HSC
Neil Young? are you for real?

Prodigy shat all over him, hence why more people went to the boiler room
Young was a waste of money.
No more people went to see the Prodigy because BDOs target demographic are music tourists (read idiots).

Anyone who has heard Neil Young and The Prodigy's music and chose to see The Prodigy fail at music.

I doubt you would've heard anything past Rockin' in the Free World and Heart of Gold though, so we all forgive you for your ignorance.

J4

HSC
No more people went to see the Prodigy because BDOs target demographic are music tourists (read idiots).

Anyone who has heard Neil Young and The Prodigy's music and chose to see The Prodigy fail at music.

I doubt you would've heard anything past Rockin' in the Free World and Heart of Gold though, so we all forgive you for your ignorance.
Hahahaha, and yet more people still went to see The Prodigy
Neil Young was a waste when the organises could have got someone so much better

You fail at life if you think Neil Young's music is better, hence why The Prodigy will return to the BDO, but Young never will

coudes

HSC
dan deacon at laneway, 2008
sufjan stevens at state theatre, 2008
love is all at the factory theatre, 2007
peter bjorn and john at laneway, 2007
yelle at parklife, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)