Best/Most Useful Textbook (1 Viewer)

kkewi90

MUAHAHHAHAA~~
HSC
isnt anyone using coroneos? im using coroneos

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Coroneos is helpful but very hard to use and very old. I suggest using it inconjunction with another textbook.

P

pyrodude1031

Coroneos text book isnt too good in the exercises section, but his examples are extremly good. BUT i reccommend his EXAM PAPER book.. MUCH BETTER THAN SUCCESSONE !!!

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
About the Phoenix text books which what's the difference btw the course summary ones and the practice questions by topic?

Do the summary ones have examples and worked solutions, and then exercises or is it just a 'summary book' with concepts?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
USE CORONOEUS! IT IS SEEEXXXXAAAAAYYYY!!! IF U WANT TO NOT FAIL UR HSC, U GOTTAA USE J.CORONONEUS OTHERWISE...

ur FUKdeED!! n u fail!!

Wackedupwacko

HSC
for basic learning (topics and questions to do) cambridge is your friend...it is very helpful.

if u want more practise questions i suggest phoenix. their questions r decently hard and they provide workd solutions which is always a plus.

finally you cant go wrong with sucess one. past papers with solutions is always good.

honestly if you can get thru cambridge (do every question minus extension) then you dont need much else except prac exam questions which come from past hsc and trials not text books. so i dun relaly recommend mroe than these 3.

edit : i suggest sucess1 because of the fact they have recent exams !!!!!!!!!!!! WITH SOLUTIONS !!!!!!1 OMG u dont know how hard it is trying to find solutions to recent hsc exams unless u buy them XD

Last edited:

Wackedupwacko

HSC
shouldnt u have the correction of u rarely looked at your OWN 3u text book since i was the one that supplied u with it in class? :p

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

Could someone please tell me which two 3 unit text books are good to use together, because right now I'm working from Cambridge, and would like to have a second text book aswell, my maths teacher was saying Maths in Focus is quite useful

Thanks

501n2u

HSC
my school uses maths in focus and i dont particularily like it... it's good to do for the basics but it's all simple stuff. i recommend cambridge *shrugs*, i heard coroneos was pretty good too

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Harkaraj said:
Hi,

Could someone please tell me which two 3 unit text books are good to use together, because right now I'm working from Cambridge, and would like to have a second text book aswell, my maths teacher was saying Maths in Focus is quite useful

Thanks
Fitzpatrick worked alright for me the past year, but I went mainly off Cambridge.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
:confused: Can some1 with a Phoenix book please answer this?

What's the difference btw the course summary ones and the practice questions by topic?

Do the summary ones have examples and worked solutions, and then exercises or is it just a 'summary book' with concepts?:confused: <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

stariiskiez

HSC
I use maths in focus for starters to build my knowledge. It's good in terms of explaining and introducing the topic but the exercises are too simple. I also use Coroneous and Cambridge. Coroneous i barely use as i was prescribed with one that has fallen apart and i could barely use it. Also alot of ppl have been telling me that if you can do everything from Cambridge well, then you will do well in the HSC... what does everyone think about that?

P.S... Wish i had fitzpatrick, cant find it anywhere :mad1:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
:confused: Can some1 with a Phoenix book please answer this?

What's the difference btw the course summary ones and the practice questions by topic?

Do the summary ones have examples and worked solutions, and then exercises or is it just a 'summary book' with concepts?:confused: <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
The course summary ones just have summaries of the topics in the course, plus practice papers at the end of the book (I'm going off the extension 2 one I have at the moment)
stariiskiez said:
use maths in focus for starters to build my knowledge. It's good in terms of explaining and introducing the topic but the exercises are too simple. I also use Coroneous and Cambridge. Coroneous i barely use as i was prescribed with one that has fallen apart and i could barely use it. Also alot of ppl have been telling me that if you can do everything from Cambridge well, then you will do well in the HSC... what does everyone think about that?

P.S... Wish i had fitzpatrick, cant find it anywhere :mad1:
Well if you are able to do most of the questions from Cambridge, you should be in good stead for the HSC paper, but it isn't a gurantee that you'll do well in the HSC exam paper.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Hmm for school I'm using Cambridge and the orange stripy one together.
I rekn Cambridge is better tho.
But when revising for exams, I tend to use Coroneos, the questions are more challenging, and the solutions given are really good. I'd recommend Coroneos or Cambridge =]

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You can find Cambridge or Fitzpatrick at bookstores like Dymocks and Angus.

haque

HSC
Use Cambridge and Fitzpatrick for 3unit-trust me. Do Not use maths in focus-trust me once u start doing the easier textbooks ur brain will just die-however some of fitzpatrick's q and answers are wrongly worded and some are wrong.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Cambridge provides clear explainations and problems of all levels.

Maths in focus isn't even worth using as firewood, let alone as a textbook.

Affinity

HSC
Cambridge, james+couchman(the strippy one), fitzy, coroneus in that order.

James+couchman is probably the best if you are an "average" student though. EDIT: it's jones and couchman, not james.

I concur templar and haque's opinions about maths in focus.

Last edited:

haque

HSC
Yeah, Coroneos is good too but the typewriting hurt my eyes lol

kony

HSC
so even if you buy a brand new copy of the Coroneos, it still has that really ancient font and the really cramped lay-out?

i guess its kinda good if you're after light-weighted books with lotsa questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)