Best movies of the New Millenium (1 Viewer)

walrusbear

HSC
favourite oscar blunder of 00s:
denzel washington for training day...

walrusbear

HSC
i like mulholland drive heaps
probably my favourite lynch movie outside of blue velvet and eraserhead

punch drunk love is a nice little film not given much mention yet

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Mulholland Drive takes a couple of runs through.. I think I get how the events fitted together now, but I'm still can't see the big picture..i.e. what's the point of it all?

icecreamdisco

HSC
man, i aint explaining things for y'all tonite. just go the IMDb boards. full of self-congratulatory lynch nerds just waiting to feel smarter than you.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
as in, i don't think you're smart enough.

haw haw.

sorry.
*gasp*
BITCH!
:eek:

no i saw it a few times and i think i got the whole idea about the dream and all that, and it was entertaining for sure (masturbation wooo!) but i dont understand why people rave about it so much. as if its some deep insightful work of art when i think its just a trippy mind whirr about jealousy and girl on girl action.

and i hate the imdb boards. the people there are either stupid idiots or arrogant as all hell.

walrusbear

HSC
is it just me or is mulholland drive more enjoyable when you don't try to sort out a linear and relational plot??!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
walrusbear said:
is it just me or is mulholland drive more enjoyable when you don't try to sort out a linear and relational plot??!
its definately not just you. i liked it most the first time i saw it when i absolutely no clue what was going on. i just knew it was something exciting because people were killing each other and wanking and spitting coffee at others.

Lainee

HSC
1. Zoolander
2. Shrek
3. Chicago
4. Donnie Darko
5. Finding Nemo
6. The Hours
7. Adaptation
8. Memento
9. Moulin Rouge
10. ...I can't think of a 10th. :p We shall wait to see what comes out in the next 5 years then.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The Pianist
Moulin Rouge (an incredibly divisive film but personally I adore it)
Donnie Darko
Eternal Sunshine
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Spirited Away
Lost in Translation
Dogville

some that come to mind at the moment. I don't get to see many films nowadays. blah.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
walrusbear said:
i loved the movie even when i had nfi what the hell was going on. i just really got into the characters. later, when i finally figured out they all died, i got so upset cause i loved them so

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
that doesn't count as a spoiler. the movie is so complicated you probably wouldn't have even known they died without having read it anyway :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
its true. that wasnt a spoiler. the film is totally fucked up, but in a good way. sort of.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AlleyCat said:
its true. that wasnt a spoiler. the film is totally fucked up, but in a good way. sort of.
i freely admit after two complete viewings i still had very little idea what the plot was about. seriously, if you were able to figure it out, then why aren't you working on the next theory of relativity? your abilities are wasted on movie watching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)