Best movies of the New Millenium (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
AlleyCat said:
russell fucking crowe!
training day is a terrible film.
I thought A Beautiful Mind was pretty crap too but Russell Crowe still deserved it more. If only they hadn't given him his makeup oscar the year prior for a lesser performance. Oh wells.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Lundy said:
I thought A Beautiful Mind was pretty crap too but Russell Crowe still deserved it more. If only they hadn't given him his makeup oscar the year prior for a lesser performance. Oh wells.
i thought a beautiful mind was a great film.
a lot better than training day.
and russell crowe deserved both oscars very much.

piece of shit in person, fantastic actor.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I thought A Beautiful Mind was utter rubbish. Ron Howard is like a cheap, second rate Steven Spielberg. All the cheesy sentimentality and half the enjoyment.

2001 was a poor year for movies and a worse one for the Oscars. Fellowship of the Ring or Mulholland Drive should have won that year. Or Ghost World, that was good too.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Benny_ said:
I thought A Beautiful Mind was utter rubbish. Ron Howard is like a cheap, second rate Steven Spielberg. All the cheesy sentimentality and half the enjoyment.
i generally dislike biopics and i didnt think a beautiful mind was anything spectacular but russell crowe did a good job. admit it :) he was good.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i thought a beautiful mind was a great film.
a lot better than training day.
and russell crowe deserved both oscars very much.

piece of shit in person, fantastic actor.
i'm still puzzled by how he didn't even get a nomination for master and commander

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I felt Moulin Rouge should have won but then again I am undeniably biased. But yes, it should have won DAMMIT! at least over the bland uninspired biopic. Lundy has spoken.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
crazyhomo said:
i'm still puzzled by how he didn't even get a nomination for master and commander
yeah. he should have been nominated instead of pussy boy jude law. but all in all i didnt think his performance in M+C was all that extrordinary. it was a pretty good film, but his character wasnt that complex.

edit:
MOULIN ROUGE??? you have to be kidding me! most bollywood films have better acting and directing in them.

i respect your opinion, though...:p

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
M&C was awesome and deserved more love but was unfortunate to be up against that behemoth Return of the King.

edit: Alley, I can't support my adoration for MR through any reason or logic. It's a hyperactive cheesefest but Ewan is adorable and doe-eyed and that's all that matters.

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
nicole kidman is a golden goddess of the screen and made moulin rouge the most spectacular vision to grace my poor, unworthy eyes

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
rules of attraction definitely is up there, i remember after the first time i watched it i sat there for five minutes and then played it again.

and elephant, loved it to pieces (and no i won't get into any arguments with movie elites because i'm sure i'll lose)

oh and eternal sunshine, so many brilliant things said in that.

those are my top three i think (then again i'm probably forgetting something)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i loved elephant too.

moulin rouge was all good fun and dancing and laughs and consumption and nicole kidman in a wig etc, but it really didnt deserve awards for the high level of acting when the acting was piss poor (IMHO!)

that said, ewan mcgreggor is a fine piece of ass with a good singing voice. and i love bollywood, so something that so closely resembles it cant be that bad.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Lost In Translation
D.E.B.S
Thirteen

Honorable mention:
Requiem for a Dream
Elephant
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
8 Femme
Memento
Mulholland Drive
Saw
Run Lola Run
Donnie Darko

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
Princess Mononoke was 1998, as was Run Lola Run.

And Thirteen? Bleh. It was decent, but by no means brilliant. Such a contrived screenplay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)