Best Old Skool Game (1 Viewer)

HSC
SashatheMan said:
yeh thats it those two are rated very well in my books. and yeh it was really hard to discover what u needed to do sometimes . i actually finished both withour guides , only many hours of trying to do everytihng and help from friend. however recently when i downloaded them again and wanted to play agin i found it very hard and had to use a guide
My elder brother and I played through the last crusade one without using any guides and managed to finish it, though I hardly remember any of it now and would probably struggle to play through it again without needing one :)

In the fate of atlantis I played on my own and got up to a bit where you're on an island going through these ruins, and you have some surveyor's gear that you need to set up and use to line up certain points to find out where you get these stone disc things from or something? Whatever it was, that was as far as I ever got :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
My elder brother and I played through the last crusade one without using any guides and managed to finish it, though I hardly remember any of it now and would probably struggle to play through it again without needing one :)

In the fate of atlantis I played on my own and got up to a bit where you're on an island going through these ruins, and you have some surveyor's gear that you need to set up and use to line up certain points to find out where you get these stone disc things from or something? Whatever it was, that was as far as I ever got :)
yeh haha brings back memories. i actually remember that bit. with the disks i got stuck there too. they are like in an archological excovation place and u have to some how aline the moon disks or what eva.

did u know that part of that game had two story lines. u could choose to play with both indi and the chikc or leave the chick and play alone. i never did both. i only played when they are together

HSC
My favourites in the adventure genre would be things like Space Quest, Police Quest, Quest for Glory, and the like. Apart from that, anything by Lucasarts adventure department was pretty great, Day of the Tentacle, etc.

Others that I really enjoyed but which aren't *quite* as old school as those were the Broken Sword games by Revolution, I found them to be really enjoyable and not overly frustrating, with great storyline and progression.

The same company made a game called Beneath a Steel Sky, it's like a sci-fi/cyberpunk game (Think Blade Runner and you're on the right track, which incidentally was another awesome adventure game). It was out when I was in year 4 or so, but was re-released a few years back as freeware. You can find out a bit about it at: http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=16 (As well as the download link if you're interested). I found that when I played it when I was younger a lot of it went over my head, so a lot of the science fiction jokes are much more entertaining now. Not sure if sci-fi is your thing, but if it is, or if you're willing to try, I'd definitely recommend that one. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but at the same time has a great storyline and creates atmosphere very well for a game of its age.

For information on adventure games in general, I've found a great site is www.justadventure.com . If you poke through their reviews section and look for anything they rated highly nine times in ten it'll be fantastic :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
My favourites in the adventure genre would be things like Space Quest, Police Quest, Quest for Glory, and the like. Apart from that, anything by Lucasarts adventure department was pretty great, Day of the Tentacle, etc.

Others that I really enjoyed but which aren't *quite* as old school as those were the Broken Sword games by Revolution, I found them to be really enjoyable and not overly frustrating, with great storyline and progression.

The same company made a game called Beneath a Steel Sky, it's like a sci-fi/cyberpunk game (Think Blade Runner and you're on the right track, which incidentally was another awesome adventure game). It was out when I was in year 4 or so, but was re-released a few years back as freeware. You can find out a bit about it at: http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=16 (As well as the download link if you're interested). I found that when I played it when I was younger a lot of it went over my head, so a lot of the science fiction jokes are much more entertaining now. Not sure if sci-fi is your thing, but if it is, or if you're willing to try, I'd definitely recommend that one. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but at the same time has a great storyline and creates atmosphere very well for a game of its age.

For information on adventure games in general, I've found a great site is www.justadventure.com . If you poke through their reviews section and look for anything they rated highly nine times in ten it'll be fantastic :)

nice work ill check it out

G

Gavvvvvin

SashatheMan said:
yeh it is.

i also remember they released lemmings 3D put it never was as good
There was also Lemmings Paintball where you got to walk around and shoot other lemmings :p

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh indiana jones and the fate of atlantis was great

and all the monkey islands have been stupendous

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
How old are the games u ppl are referring to as Old Skool

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Old Games hey.... well i used to have an Amiga 500, had so many awsome games:

Bubble Bobble, Space Quest, Crazy Cars, Street Fighter, Robo cop, Emerald Mine,
just to name a few...

Lesure Suit Larry ( i was pretty young and now i understand why this game wasn't suitable for me, i remember when you wanted to play, you had to answer some hard question, to prove you weren't some kid, only an adult would know the answer. Good thing we had the cracked version n it told u the pass at the start :D)

Ohh the good old days, long live Amiga!!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
INXS said:
Old Games hey.... well i used to have an Amiga 500, had so many awsome games:

Bubble Bobble, Space Quest, Crazy Cars, Street Fighter, Robo cop, Emerald Mine,
just to name a few...

Lesure Suit Larry ( i was pretty young and now i understand why this game wasn't suitable for me, i remember when you wanted to play, you had to answer some hard question, to prove you weren't some kid, only an adult would know the answer. Good thing we had the cracked version n it told u the pass at the start :D)

Ohh the good old days, long live Amiga!!
lol were the questions sexual??

did u know they got leasure suit larry on mobile now.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Aznpsycho said:
Maniac mansion was also fun. You can get it for free somewhere on the net. Anyone know if the later ones are still available?

what later ones? versions of the game?

however has anyone plays ultima 7. my friend was always raving on about how good it is, i tried it but ddint get far.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Best Old Skool game on Sega Mega Drive is Strike Eagle 2, still an enjoyable game, but graphics are shit

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SashatheMan said:
lol were the questions sexual??
I think they were trivia shit for people that were >18yrs old at the time. Things like, current affairs for the 80's.

If you pressed two buttons, you could skip it.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Fire Out

Wat About Pac Man, Space Invaders, Brick

You Guys Are Crap Keen? That Game Sucked,
Doom, Synidicate, Cricket 96, Mario, Tetris, Tyrian, Jones In The Fast Lane, Jagged Alliance, And Some Cant Remeber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)