BEST racing game ever made! (1 Viewer)

fush

HSC
grandprix 4 is the best especially if u donwload latest patches, mods and graphics, cars..etc

and a logitech wheel is a must

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yes didy kong racing is the best ever
V8 supercars 2
with a MOMO steering wheel is the best game

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Fush is right as far as sims go. PC racers with high modability are currently the benchmarks for sims racers, and make Gran Turismo quite arcadey.

My vote goes to GT regardless, simply because of it's accessability.

For arcade racers I am voting for Wipeout 2097/3 the greatest arcade racer, but if it must have wheels then it is Burnout 2/3, not many people realise that it is from a gameplay standpoint much better than the street racing games, though admitadly it does lack that street racing atmosphere that is oh-so popular these days.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
That would be Burnout 3 it is awesome, excellent graphics and gameplay. I tried to play NFSU2 but it was so dull compared to burnout... On the other hand there is Mario Kart 64 :p

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Burnout 3, Powerslide, Double Dash, Mario Kart 64. Any one of them will suit me fine.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What's wrong with being a kid?

Yaknow Nintendo games aren't just for kids. They're great fun for everybody. Every man, woman, and monkey should play Mario Kart 64 because it's as fun and never takes itself too seriously.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
MK64 had a horrible framrate (for some reason almost all N64 games had this problem, probably due to the fact that N64 couldn't pump out many polygons) and lacked any depth. To say it is just for kids is wrong, but to say that it won't appeal to most older gamers is completely correct.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
When you're playing Mario Kart with 3 friends no one cares about framerate. MK64 uses sprites and low-polygon environments. The framerate is more than playable. Play Double Dash if MK64 isn't smooth enough for ya.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
Burnout 3 . Ownage. Shits all over the game physics and dynamics in NFSU2

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
cyrax83 said:
Burnout 3 . Ownage. Shits all over the game physics and dynamics in NFSU2

Indeed. Anyone here have x-box live and burnout3, ill verse you one day. i think my live account expired on boxing day though, so i have to re-register. for those in the know, is re-registering hard?

Pace Setter

No one's mentioned daytona(the original) here, the game that's had me hooked for hundreds of hours. Mariokart's great fun. Need for Speed's a dud.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
When you're playing Mario Kart with 3 friends no one cares about framerate. MK64 uses sprites and low-polygon environments. The framerate is more than playable. Play Double Dash if MK64 isn't smooth enough for ya.
I was just pointing out the N64 and it's issues with keeping frames up. Which realy does bother me in racing and fast paced games, but it is almost irrelevant in classical RPGs and such.

Personally, I really dislike almost all arcade racers, even worse is the MK series, utter lack of depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)