best small first car to get? (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Yeah my mum had a Daewoo Nubira wagen for a couple of years. Worst car she's ever owned and it was only 3 years old when she bought it.
The CAN be a good car though. I know the Espero is a Great medium sized car, reliable, but if anything goes wrong they have to ship parts in from the states or Korea.

Just seems that more things go wrong in the more well known Daewoo's.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol St Pat's fails at everything.

We all know that.

Kingy and Weed River are pretty gay, too.
Weed River is the home of the ferals. Only school in the District to have a lockdown due to a mad student with a knife during school hours.

Fail.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you mean epic phail.

Ewww just thinking about Weed River creeps me out.

Oh and you're going to SAE? My best friend wants to go there next year =]

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
The world is small... An appears to be shrinking.

Yup. I start at 'le SAE on the 9th :D.

Cannot wait. Shall be epic. (Add more nerdy phrases).

Jake22

HSC
I think you will find ANCAP awarded the Yaris a 5-star safety rating, whereas the Hyundai Getz got 3 for the '02-03 model and 4 stars for the 2008 onwards model.

boris

Banned
HSC
nrma says 3 for both. i dont just make this shit up. new yaris might be 5.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Man, I drove a yaris for work (pizza boy lol), and it's the tinniest piece of shit, engine noise is heaps intrusive over 70km/h (might be partially cause it's an auto), the digital dash is shit (not to mention about 10% out according to my GPS) the only good thing about them is how easy they are to park. The design, interior and exterior, looks like shit. My ten year old pulsar is a much better car in every way. I honestly wouldn't swap my car for a much younger yaris. With ten years development, the 1.5 in the Yaris has virtually the same fuel economy and power as the old nissan GA16.

In conclusion, get a SSS pulsar. You get airbags and a gun non-turbo engine.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Commodore SV6.

All the pooftas running around in toyota yaris's and corollas and crappy stuff like that look sooo ghey. And they can't drive for shit..
I guess you missed the part about wanting a "small car".

I also fail to see how driving a Yaris makes you a poofta. Drop the ego mate. Models like the Yaris and Corolla are perfectly capable small A-to-B cars.

Jake22

HSC
nrma says 3 for both. i dont just make this shit up. new yaris might be 5.
Considering NRMA simply just refers to the ANCAP tests, and the ANCAP tests indicate 4 for the newer model Getz and 5 for the >'05 Yaris you clearly are just making this shit up.

4 years old isn't new... and as if anybody would give a toss about an earlier yaris anyway.

Sure, buy a pulsar.... if you're a wanker

Cheerio

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Considering NRMA simply just refers to the ANCAP tests, and the ANCAP tests indicate 4 for the newer model Getz and 5 for the >'05 Yaris you clearly are just making this shit up.

4 years old isn't new... and as if anybody would give a toss about an earlier yaris anyway.

Sure, buy a pulsar.... if you're a wanker

Cheerio
yeah ok, suck me abnormally large penis

considering no one said anything about new cars -

https://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/hyundai_getz_ancap_2003.htm

2003 getz - 3 stars

https://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/toyota_echo_ancap_2003.htm

2004 yaris (which was known as the echo in australia) - 3 stars

My initial 3 star was wrong because i just noticed it is an ncap rating, not ancap, and the car called a yaris in america then, not an echo.

But ancap also gave the 03-04 echo 3 stars and the echo and the yaris are the same car. Therefore i am correct.

Im sure many p platers looking for a small car would look for a 4 year old getz/yaris. That is a retarded statement you celica fanboy.

Jake22

HSC
yeah ok, suck me abnormally large penis

considering no one said anything about new cars -

https://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/hyundai_getz_ancap_2003.htm

2003 getz - 3 stars

https://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/mynrma/hs.xsl/toyota_echo_ancap_2003.htm

2004 yaris (which was known as the echo in australia) - 3 stars

My initial 3 star was wrong because i just noticed it is an ncap rating, not ancap, and the car called a yaris in america then, not an echo.

But ancap also gave the 03-04 echo 3 stars and the echo and the yaris are the same car. Therefore i am correct.

Im sure many p platers looking for a small car would look for a 4 year old getz/yaris. That is a retarded statement you celica fanboy.
Well why didn't you indicate you were talking about an echo when you decided to educate everyone that it is only a 3 star car, instead of saying the yaris is a 3 star car, which it is not... We're in Australia here, where the earlier yaris is called an echo, therefore refer to it as an echo, and not a yaris, like it is called overseas.... Really you aren't correct, because its the newer model of 'echo' which is called the yaris here, you may as well call a kingswood a commodore and tell me that ANCAP give it a 4 star rating... why stop there? since most cars have 4 wheels we can just refer to fords as ferraris!?!?!

w0oOoooOOO0000Ooooo

loOOoOk aT meEEEeeEE

lol :)

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
or i could call a daihatsu lanos a ra23 celica because they are on par. oh wait the lanos is a far better vehicle.

Jake22

HSC
or i could call a daihatsu lanos a ra23 celica because they are on par. oh wait the lanos is a far better vehicle.
if that was supposed to be an attack on my car... firstly i dont own and never have owned an ra23 celica. I used to have a TA22 like 4 months ago however, which i sold for $600 more than i bought it for, due to it being a classic car which holds its value, if not appreciating in value, unlike the lanos.

Secondly, i've never been in a lanos but i'd like to agree its a far better vehicle. Probably is.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
if that was supposed to be an attack on my car... firstly i dont own and never have owned an ra23 celica. I used to have a TA22 like 4 months ago however, which i sold for $600 more than i bought it for, due to it being a classic car which holds its value, if not appreciating in value, unlike the lanos.

Secondly, i've never been in a lanos but i'd like to agree its a far better vehicle. Probably is.
Haha way to take shit personally. i never said you had one, i just knew that you liked gay celicas. The ra23 being a gay celica. And yes a lanos would be a far better vehicle in every aspect and if it wasnt mass produced and fucking ugly and basically a really shit car, it would be a collectable too im sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)