• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best study tips for Preliminary & HSC course?? (1 Viewer)

RMKD123

HSC
What do u guys think are good study guides or tips in preparation for exams/tests? :D

bertstare

HSC
Always be prepared i.e. don't wait till 2 weeks before the exam when you find out the date of your exam and the time table for the exam period to start writing notes

If you can, try write them at the end of every week or every two weeks so by the time you get your time table you'll be able to jump straight into past papers and revision questions

2xL

HSC
Consistency is your best friend. Do all set homework!!!! Very important. BE CONSISTENT SO YOU DONT NEED TO CRAM SO HARD!

RMKD123

HSC
Always be prepared i.e. don't wait till 2 weeks before the exam when you find out the date of your exam and the time table for the exam period to start writing notes

If you can, try write them at the end of every week or every two weeks so by the time you get your time table you'll be able to jump straight into past papers and revision questions
Aha, so writing ur notes weeks before the exam itself so u can do revision questions. Basically what im doing now

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
how early should you start studying for exams? eg- a week or two or three...?
depends on the amount of exams and how much theyre worth. i started studying for trials about 6 weeks before but i'd been making notes for the last 3 months.

OP: I think the best way is to have all your notes ready a couple of weeks before and then for the few weeks before exams do a range of past papers and make sure you continue to read your notes. even if before an exam you don't think you've remembered it all if you do this i'm confident you'll remember in the exam.
My biology exam yesterday had a lot of stuff which i hadn't done past questions for but i was able to write tons just because the answers were stored in my long term memory :)

So-joo

HSC
BALANCE EVERYTHING. One hour for each subject, no more no less. Because you don't want to end up only studying one subject for a whole week because you're so afraid of failing the exams that you ignore everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)