Best Tutoring College (1 Viewer)

What tutoring college is the best?

• Total voters

Levity

HSC
I am currently in Year 10 and wish to go to tutoring for Science, Maths and English. Which is the best tutoring college for me?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
You're going to be in big trouble for the HSC and University if you're getting tutored for 3 of the biggest subjects in Year 10.

But in relation to your thread, every tutoring place has its own merits. Maybe A is better for Science whereas B is better for Mathematics.

Levity

HSC
I'm at Balgowlah Heights but I don't mind driving far.

qwerty44

HSC
Why don't you at least try yourself first. If you need tutoring in Year 10, your probably going to rely on it for Year 11 and 12, and I heard that's not good.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
You're going to be in big trouble for the HSC and University if you're getting tutored for 3 of the biggest subjects in Year 10.
Whilst I understand where you're coming from, I think you're generalising a bit too hard. It all depends on the attitude of the student - whether they know tutoring is there to challenge and assist them, or whether they think it's simply there to provide for and tell them what to do for everything.

Remember, you can go to all the tutoring in the world, but in the end, it's up to you to learn the content to an extent that you're satisfied with. Pursue an education where you gain the abilities to learn and think for yourself, and use tutoring as help only. Don't rely on it mindlessly and brainlessly, I've seen so many people do this!

LadyLaLa

HSC
I would like to HIGHLY RECOMMEND Focus College. It's located in Cabramatta and taught by a man named Jimmy (Math only). Seriously the best teacher ever. The lesson is very fast and you get things real quick. He teaches you the most simplistic way to work out a question. What I really like about him is that he actually worries about you and really tries his best to teach you the things you need to know. He goes through a lot of past HSC questions. The examples he gives don't come from a textbook but from his memory. He has been teaching for around 10 years and really knows his stuff. Very updated with the syllabus. He's pretty popular so get in early. He doesn't accept anyone in year 12.

Last edited:

such_such

HSC
I would like to HIGHLY RECOMMEND Focus College. It's located in Cabramatta and taught by a man named Jimmy (Math only). Seriously the best teacher ever. The lesson is very fast and you get things real quick. He teaches you the most simplistic way to work out a question. What I really like about him is that he actually worries about you and really tries his best to teach you the things you need to know. He goes through a lot of past HSC questions. The examples he gives don't come from a textbook but from his memory. He has been teaching for around 10 years and really knows his stuff. Very updated with the syllabus. He's pretty popular so get in early. He doesn't accept anyone in year 12.
I second this.

Plus, he doesn't care about your money.

He'll watch you like an eagle - which is a good thing of course but quite intimidating.

Levity

HSC
I'm in Balgowlah Heights so that is quite far. I've reached a decision after attending a trial lesson at Talent 100. I will get private tutoring.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Harry's is good for maths and in a class of around 15-20. Don't go Dux for maths, it's horrible.. English there is alright I guess but I wouldn't recommend it.
Matrix is really good for all subjects but $$$$$

adrianlawson

HSC
I went to FergHSC over in bondi junction which was awesome for english and maths, i got an email about their new office in Mosman called thecoworks which might work for you if your over in the northshore

asdfghjklmz

HSC
PEAK for maths! Don't go to focus, been there and let me tell you I was struggling to keep up with his weird methods lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)