best way 2 study 4 a source test? (1 Viewer)

supraz

HSC
ive got a ancient history source analysis on cities of vesuvius which consists of short source based questions on pompeii and herculaneum and one extended response and was wondering what would be the best way to study for it?

ilwkh

HSC
Firstly make sure that you understand the source and that you are able to interpert all the information.
Then look at the usefulness of the source meaning what you learn from it and what does it convey and support your answer.
Mention if it's a primary or secondary source then judge it's reliability which is usually done by comparing it to other similar sources and your own knowledge.
Finally, you can look at the biasness of the source.

I did that for modern history but you can still use it as a guide. Hope it helps

jellybelly59

HSC
well i have a modern source assessment and i'm just gonna make sure i can apply my own knowledge to the sources. After that just understanding and remembering all the symbols in visuals. After that just endless source questions from past papers with the reliability, bias and usefulness questions.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
syllabus and past HSC questions my friend;)
yeah =] im doing this for my upcoming test of basically the same aspects

youngminii

Banned
HSC
This thread is relevant to my interests. I have a Source-based assessment coming up in Modern History :(
The teacher pretty much told us what's gonna be on the test though, LOL
Half of it's something like writing a journal from the viewpoint of a soldier in 1914 + 1915 + Passchendaele.. Which shouldn't be too hard

Just ask your teacher, he/she'll give you hints ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)