Best way to study for english? (1 Viewer)

science

HSC
Hi guys

English is my weakest subject, and so I need to make it better. Thing is, I don't know the most effective way of studying. From experience, the best way is just past questions, but every question is different, for example I could do every question on Frankenstein and guarantee that the one this year is going to be about something completely different.

So how should I go about it? What do you guys do?

Thanks

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi guys

English is my weakest subject, and so I need to make it better. Thing is, I don't know the most effective way of studying. From experience, the best way is just past questions, but every question is different, for example I could do every question on Frankenstein and guarantee that the one this year is going to be about something completely different.

Thanks
past papers

astroman

HSC
write essays that are broad and can be adapted to any situation that may be asked

HSC
Hi guys

Thanks
Write essays! Constantly write essays! Expose yourself to as many questions as possible as it tests your understanding of the prescribed text, and when the HSC comes around, the question you do will probably be something your prepared for because of your meticulous analysis and understanding of the test.

Personally, i have found this the best way to study for english and it has helped me significantly.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Get a tutor to write your essays for you and memorise them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)