bfs parents is making my life hell (1 Viewer)

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Ye yo has a point yo.. y'know?

ooh i know! Plan her death!! but then be the one to rescue her and she'll love you to bits! :D

But then things could go wrong and she be dead.. then you'll be in bits :D

Naw, maybe just confront her about it? Talk to her like mature adult one on one.. I mean you can't just sit there and sook all day.. take some action woman!
u don't know how azns work, lol

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Hmm your Bf's mum is right though, I mean if I was her and Asian...I wouldn't want a Vietnamese dating my son, they're only good at intimidating at trying to bake fresh bread like the French are the best at, no offence. :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
YO! said:
You've got to have loyalty to your parents though. Surely you wouldn't put a boyfriend/girlfriend in front of your parents. Also, what's this about 'putting your parents into place'. They're you friggin parents man!
I think he just means your parents don't have the right to control your relationships, indirectly or otherwise, especially at this age. I'd crack it so hard if my parents ever tried to get in the way of me dating someone. Especially since you should be able to pick out the decent people from the dropkicks and handle your own shit by now. Some parents just don't get it, though.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
u don't know how azns work, lol
lol clearly.. but they're not some sort of savage barbaric race.. and I'm sure the mother had a lover when she was young(er?:p) that her mum didn't approve of... maybe the OP and the mother can relinquish feelings of young love?

"I LOVE HIM SUE MING! JUST LIKE YOU LOVED....

KAZUMICHI CHI!!!"

*family gasps*

EDIT:I suck at asian names

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Just.Snaz said:
lol clearly.. but they're not some sort of savage barbaric race.. and I'm sure the mother had a lover when she was young(er?:p) that her mum didn't approve of... maybe the OP and the mother can relinquish feelings of young love?
not likely!

Just.Snaz

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
not likely!
have some faith in humanity Will! But off course, you and your tragedies.. tragic man Will.. tragic man..

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
YO! said:
You've got to have loyalty to your parents though. Surely you wouldn't put a boyfriend/girlfriend in front of your parents. Also, what's this about 'putting your parents into place'. They're you friggin parents man!
No, he is right, my parents are totally laid back and stuff, but often they forget that i am an adult and i can make my own decisions.

one time my mum was making fun of one of my best friends in a mean way [she doesnt like him and doesnt hide it], i waited till he was out of the car then i told her very clearly that she doesnt get to pick my friends, i do, i am adult and i can choose the types of people i want to hang around with, if she cant deal with that thats ok, it just means she will see me a lot less.

I remind my parents shit like that all the time
" dont tell me how to drive, i am a full licensed driver not a learner, i can make my own decision on what an appropriate speed is"
" I appreciate your input, but in end it is my decision what car i buy, not yours"
" I like this place, i like my housemates and that is why i am moving in, dont lecture me about how much the rent is or if i "can trust them"

Just put your parents in their place, they are still your parents and you love them, but once you are over 18 they do not have the final say in your life decisions, and one of those decisions is who your girlfriend is.

-tal-

HSC
Hey, cheer up. It's not so bad. Tough it out. Be real nice to her, even though you think otherwise - she'll learn to like you, and your boyfriend together. And even though you probably do this, try the "little gestures" thing. Works a charm.

I know the language barrier is a problem. Maybe make an effort to learn a few phrases? If not, massages are usually a good winner.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Just.Snaz said:

"I LOVE HIM SUE MING! JUST LIKE YOU LOVED....

KAZUMICHI CHI!!!"

*family gasps*

EDIT:I suck at asian names
fucking fail

@OP: Just ignore it the best you can for a while and eventually his parents won't give a shit (as people have pointed out). She's Taiwanese, sitting her down for a talk won't work.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Honestly...being someone with parent problems experience, the relationship will most likely not work because his parents will never stop harping him about this. Not being racist here, but Taiwanese tend to be a bit more snobbish...

Not sure why they wouldn't like a Vietnamese girls though...I think that a lot of vietnamese girls are gorgeous!

Anyway, my advice is if you can tear yourself away from the relationship, do so, since that you really don't want his parents hating you for life...and he's having a hard life dealing with it.

My parents hated my first gf...and it ended in disaster...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I never really get these asian rivalries. How can they tell, they all look the same?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
jumb said:
I never really get these asian rivalries. How can they tell, they all look the same?
Smell different. Just like how Irish smell like potatoes, french like garlic, italians like sweat, germans like beer, dutch like marijuana, etc.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
SipSip said:
Honestly...being someone with parent problems experience, the relationship will most likely not work because his parents will never stop harping him about this. Not being racist here, but Taiwanese tend to be a bit more snobbish...

Not sure why they wouldn't like a Vietnamese girls though...I think that a lot of vietnamese girls are gorgeous!

Anyway, my advice is if you can tear yourself away from the relationship, do so, since that you really don't want his parents hating you for life...and he's having a hard life dealing with it.

My parents hated my first gf...and it ended in disaster...
Well see, that's where the son needs to get together the balls to tell them to pull their heads in, imo.

I understand it's a cultural thing... but really, you have to get over it at some point, if they didn't want their son tainting their family with a non taiwanese girlfriend they should have stayed in taiwan.

YO!

Banned
HSC
Riet said:
Smell different. Just like how Irish smell like potatoes, french like garlic, italians like sweat, germans like beer, Amsterdaminese* like marijuana, etc.
Fixed ./

Evilo

HSC
YO! said:
Oh sorry - just got re connected to the net.

I understand your point, but if your parents are being unreasonable then they need to see your point of view. If he felt that strongly about the relationship he would have put the hard word on his mum to grow up. I'm not saying smack them back into line - especially when they're financially supporting you - but seriously they need a good dose of common sense. The mum is being pretty immature about this. If it was my family i would have sat down with my parents and seriosuly discussed the situation.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Do you want to be accepted by your boyfriend, or by his parents, first?

hang in there.

p__D

unholyXromance

HSC
Don't go to his house? Tell him you dont want him to repeat anything his mother says. His mother doesn't have to like you, only he does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)