Big Day Out 2008 (1 Viewer)

HSC
hahahaha

HIM would be fucking terrible. and i'm pretty sure the lead singer would like, melt in the sun during summer

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
LEMONADERAYGUN said:
My predictions (granted, most of them have been said):
Gotye - Sif nobody's said this one yet!
Bjork
Chemical Brothers - Boiler Room :3
67 Special
QOTSA
Kisschasy
Klaxons
Interpol
The White Stripes
Fratellis
Happy Mondays - *FINGERS CROSSED*
Air
Smashing Pumpkins
RATM
Kings Of Leon
And my absolute, ultimate, hands down sickest DREAM would be for XTC to be the comeback band, but I highly doubt that'd happen. I can dream though, can't I?
Also, I hope John Cooper Clarke wil come back again. I didn't get to see him this year because he was in Lily World and I was underaged D:
I'd be pleased.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
scrotes said:
I agree dude, more rock! Its what makes the big day out brilliant. All indie artsy fartsy people have art shows and the theater to go to all the time. What do bogans have?..... THE BIG DAY OUT!!!!!!!

Im not a big HIM fan but I have heard they are a big possibility for BDO 2008.
fuck off ok cool.

interprolinterpolinterpol please.

Horseypie

HSC
RaisedByWolves said:
klaxons are in australia late october, but maybe they'll come back.
God you were on early this morning.

Radiohead, perhaps? They enjoy the festivals and the new album is released next year...

HSC
Horseypie said:
God you were on early this morning.

Radiohead, perhaps? They enjoy the festivals and the new album is released next year...
i had to do something other than studying to fill in the time before pdh.

radiohead would be cool. very cool

scrotes

HSC
haha damn emos. there were enough of them there this year with my chemical romance playing.
"I wish my clothes were emo so they would hang themselves"

HSC
i'm far more worried about the thousands of huge intoxicated sunburned bogans at bdo than some scrawny little emo fucks.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i'm far more worried about the thousands of huge intoxicated sunburned bogans at bdo than some scrawny little emo fucks.
thankfuckingyou.

ac/dc will breed bogans. keep them out.

HSC
lol my chemical romance emos are pretty cool. Me and my friend got free tickets to green day when my chemical romance were support band. I figured I may as well go, its a free concert.
Point being.... when we were on the bus to the SCG the girl in front of us said to her friend 'if we died at the concert, then gerard would like have to know about us.' and the other one said 'yeah that'd be pretty cool.'

mmuussiicc

HSC
None of the bands touring this year from Splendour time onwards are likely to come back.

AC/DC are fucking boring, and they'd be worse as old men. Heaps of people like them though, so they'd be a good headliner, particularly because of the over 18's bogan factor if they want to draw adults. Adults = drinkers = extra money. Don't you think they'd do an arena tour though for such a huge comeback? We'd know if there was a planned comeback by now.

R.A.T.M aren't very likely.

Interpol and QOTSA are, so are Kings of Leon and White Stripes. The former two would make it too similar to 06 though.

I'm pretty sceptical about that no under 18's thing. I'm gonna look into it. Under 18's have been the driving force behind the increased popularity of festivals in the last 4 or so years. Seriously, Homebake didn't sell out until two weeks before it was held in 03. Anyway, most of us on Bored of Studies should be 18 by then, so who cares?

scrotes

HSC
lol yes indeed it would be a breeding ground for shazzas and robbos if ac/dc played.
I think QOTSA would be good tho. Era Vulgaris is an awesome album.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
mmuussiicc said:
I'm pretty sceptical about that no under 18's thing. I'm gonna look into it. Under 18's have been the driving force behind the increased popularity of festivals in the last 4 or so years. Seriously, Homebake didn't sell out until two weeks before it was held in 03. Anyway, most of us on Bored of Studies should be 18 by then, so who cares?
Read the rest of the thread:

mr_brightside said:
okay so it may not be BDO too, but I can source the fact that Homebake is going 18 plus.

http://www.homebake.com.au/2007/index.html
Click Tickets

Where the fuck did I hear that BDO was 18+.....

LEMONADERAYGUN

HSC
katietheskatie said:
True, but I'd prefer the drunk bogans over the emos anyday. Because if I was surrounded by emo-tards, that'd mean I'd be trying to see some emo band, like MCR this year. Ugh.
Last year was better. Iggy and the Stooges ftw.

Last edited:

brows

HSC
scarybunny said:
I heard Velvet Revolver are rumoured to be playing.

If that is the case I might go because I don't care that they are neither Guns N Roses nor Stone Temple Pilots, I love them. Anyone want to carry me around on their shoulders all day? I'm very light and claustrophobic so I need to be above the moshpit (otherwise I'll just be the bag minder, which is less fun).
i hope so i wanna c slash

HSC
LEMONADERAYGUN said:
True, but I'd prefer the drunk bogans over the emos anyday. Because if I was surrounded by emo-tards, that'd mean I'd be trying to see some emo band, like MCR this year. Ugh.
Last year was better. Iggy and the Stooges ftw.
nah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)