Big Day Out 2008 (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah neither. drunks are way more rowdy and annoying. emos just stand in a corner, cry, cut themselves and write a song about it.

HSC
except the lead singer is a pretentious wanker, and even watching him when they're playing pisses me off. and most of their songs sound remarkably similar.

mackman248

HSC
i would love to see the arcade fire come out. They havent been out here have they. And the White Stripes would be a strong possibility (although maybe not now as jack has a new child), maybe QOTSA, Foo Fighters would be good but they were out here last year, Smashing Pumpkins are a chance. I want the flaming lips to come back. They would be damn good to see
them and arcade fire.

shake n bake

HSC
hey dude the more bogan rock the better.
thats what aus is all about so what if acdc had thier prime the r still freakin awesome.
i think what big day out needs is a shit load more rock rather then synthesized hippies.
saz woop woop

sophie1989

HSC
katietheskatie said:
can powderfinger please fuck off and never play festivals again

you cunts keep wasting headlining and similarly important festival spots that could otherwise be filled with better bands.
mm i agree! So annoying and boring n mellow

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Born Dancer said:
the white stripes can fuck right off.
Yep, they were awful in 06

shake n bake said:
thats what aus is all about so what if acdc had thier prime the r still freakin awesome.
i think what big day out needs is a shit load more rock rather then synthesized hippies.
saz woop woop
No.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
shake n bake said:
saz woop woop
give me one good reason why australia needs more bogans

oh and you can fuck right off too.

D4rk W1nt3r

HSC
Nope, its definately a fact that BDO need to move away from their indie shit and go back to rock and metal, with the boiler room for Djing etc.

The atmosphere is shithouse if there is no rock/metal there. Indies already have festivals why go out and ruin another one and make that a borefest? Indie kids kindly GTFO and let real music be played.

Also rumoured iron maiden as they will be here around the same time for a tour, also heard van halen though i have doubts and slipknot.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
D4rk W1nt3r said:
Nope, its definately a fact that BDO need to move away from their indie shit and go back to rock and metal, with the boiler room for Djing etc.

The atmosphere is shithouse if there is no rock/metal there. Indies already have festivals why go out and ruin another one and make that a borefest? Indie kids kindly GTFO and let real music be played.

Also rumoured iron maiden as they will be here around the same time for a tour, also heard van halen though i have doubts and slipknot.
Well go to Taste of Chaos about it metal man :rolleyes:

HSC
i'm pretty sure slipknot fans would burn and incinerate into a pile of ashes within minutes in the january sun.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
D4rk W1nt3r said:

acdc, van halen, iron maiden, etc etc, stop living in the fucking past! festivals should be a showcase of recent talent, not a chance for overaged bands to bring out a reunion tour.

djing has mostly always been kept in the boiler room (besides places like the hothouse) so i dont know what you are talking about. i dont think big day out is, or ever was, an "indiefest".

"real music"? just please fuck off. you have no more argument that rock is better than i do saying that it isnt.

my argument is based on the amount of drunk, bogan australians, emphasis on bogans that come to big day out for the boring rock / metal bands and spend most of their time making more noise and being rowdy than paying attention to the band they have come to see in the first place.

this isnt an argument about which genres of music are better than others. fuck i have no idea why i waste my time on you dickheads.

G

Gavvvvvin

Isn't half the fun of being in a crowd to make noise and be rowdy? If you you wanna stand there like a zombie and don't want anyone else wrecking your 'experience' you should probably stay at home and put on a DVD :eek:

\m/ !!!!!!!!111!!!!!

HSC
Born Dancer said:
my argument is based on the amount of drunk, bogan australians, emphasis on bogans that come to big day out for the boring rock / metal bands and spend most of their time making more noise and being rowdy than paying attention to the band they have come to see in the first place.
word yo

D4rk W1nt3r

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Well go to Taste of Chaos about it metal man :rolleyes:
Taste of chaos fails as equally hard, its full of preteens whinging about MCR or some equally shit band. Yeah there is the ocassional good band but 1 band isnt worth the other shit bands and the price.

katietheskatie said:
i'm pretty sure slipknot fans would burn and incinerate into a pile of ashes within minutes in the january sun.
Right...so metal heads now live inside their house all day and don't go out and see the sun? They aren't computer nerds.

Born_Dancer said:
Festivals should be a showcase of recent talent.
I would have to disagreee with that statement, it should read "Festivals should be a showcase of DECENT talent." The bands that you listed, are all great and have lasted across the time and developed huge fan bases in many generations, why deny good bands the ability to play a show? Also alot of your "recent talent" look up to the "overaged bands looking for a reunion tour",they quote them as inspirations, there is nothing wrong with the past and bands like iron maiden, ac/dc, van halen etc have proved that.

Gavvvvvin said:
Born_Dancer said:
Isn't half the fun of being in a crowd to make noise and be rowdy? If you you wanna stand there like a zombie and don't want anyone else wrecking your 'experience' you should probably stay at home and put on a DVD :eek:

\m/ !!!!!!!!111!!!!!
I agree completely, half the fun of festivals and concerts is the atmosphere, having fun with mates, laughing at the drunk bogans, being a drunk bogan, all of that makes BDO what it is and is what draws 60,000 people to each venue each year. Also your going to have accept the fact that Australia is full of drunk bogans, because thats a fact, and your not going to escape it.

On topic:Hopefully BDO this year will be good and the atmosphere great and hopefully the organisers of BDO will get a line up that i prefer over someone else's preferences but i can't do anything about it but hope.

Kthanxbai.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:

\m/ !!!!!!!!111!!!!!
why cant there be a line between rowdy and being a zombie? theres a difference between enjoying the band you came for and being totally unaware of anyone around you and having absolutely no respect for their presence either.

to d4rk w1nt3r:
bands do not get better over time. i stick to my original statement of festivals showcasing recent talent. stop turning this back into a music genre war. and come up with a proper argument.

"aughing at the drunk bogans, being a drunk bogan, all of that makes BDO what it is and is what draws 60,000 people to each venue each year." you have absolutely nothing to base that on. i can tell you now that everyone i know hates the drunk bogans are at big day out every year. you and your group of little immature friends obviously dont feel the same way: hence THATS NOT WHAT DRAWS EVERY SINGLE PERSON THERE.

there is a fucking huge difference between "having fun with mates" and annoying / disturbing the people around you who maybe choose to have a bit more class.

Australia is not full of drunk bogans. i would argue that people get drunk AT these festivals rather than being drunk all the time

fucking start separating fact from opinion and come back to me when you can properly back up what you're saying with real evidence.

scrotes

HSC
borndancer, katietheskatie trolling?

anyways settle down and stop being such an angry bogan LOL

Big day out should have a good mixture of bands including indie and metal. I mean, if you are an indie fan... why would you go see the metal bands playing and PUT YOURSELF in a situation where you will be amongst drunk bogans, and the people who like metal bands aren't going to go see the indie bands SO STOP WORRYING! You wont be in the same place at the same time!

JoshyPutts07

HSC
Umm suggestion........

bogan boy can have a beer and go see his bands and indie girl can go smoke a joint and watch her bands :]

It's about the music guys! The day's about doing your own thing hence the bajillion stages and genre's!

Hug guys?

Yep still convinced the pumpkins r gonna headline btw lol

oh and totally agree with scrote!......that's exactly what i mean!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)