• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Big problem!!! (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
Ok so this is how it is.

Last day of school: our teacher notified the class that we would be doing Emma/clueless for our last part of prelim. being the responsible student i am i borrowed emma to get ready for it over the holiday. the teacher knew about this ( i told her that i was gonna be ready and yea) SOO skip to the tuesday of my holidays. i waste The whole night before ( reading emma) Then the day after ( finishing reading it) then going through more than 10000 words worth of notes on transformations and then when i condense all the information to be ready for the class i send the teacher an email saying i was ready, ( remember it took 1 day and over a half of my studying time).

Then the teacher reply's " .. I have decided against Emma/Clueless due to the myriad of resources availble AND because I think the comparative study is quote stale (i.e boring, mundane)...will keep you guessing as to what texts will be compared..."

This came out of nowhere, if she had decide against the study shouldnt she have sent an email to the students notifying them about this ? before i spent almost 2 days on nothing... isnt that her responsibility as an ADULT, And TEACHER?

does anyone have any ideas about this ? maybe i can complain to a head teacher to keep the study going ? im spewing cuz i posponed all my other study for english and it was a waste =-=.
( i know you might think im being melodramatic but im very angry atm so im not thinking right )

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's within their right to change it. You should have been warned but what's done is done. It's only two days.

The same thing happen to me with drama, I read the four Irish theatre plays before we got a new teacher, who decided that we'd do Brecht instead. You've just got to deal with the hand you're dealt.

starshine02

HSC
I think it wouldn't be a complete waste as the topic will still be transformations right? so you'll still be a bit more ahead of the class as you already understand the concept from reading emma. i'm doing emma now and personally i find it quite interesting and not "stale"

Mdzabakly

HSC
If you want my scaffold ill gladly send it to you , might as well put it to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)