• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BigPond gives cable bigger speeds (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
CrashOveride said:
to be on the 10gig plan for $59.95 (cable) i think you need international and local calls with telstra. Do you actually have to make international phone calls or can you just be signed up to their service. I have telstra home phone but i think i need international as well to get 59.95 instead of paying like 64.95. However, their call rates for international is pathetic...so i was weondering if it suffices to just be connected, and not have to make int. calls?
Just be on their Homelink home phone plans

With Bigpond cable, I usually get 300-500kb/s, but on Aus sites/bigpond, I can get up to 700kb's and maintain it

tempco

HSC
politik said:
According to a line test on my copper line telstra did today, ill be able to get 18-19mbps on adsl2+ when TPG lets me transfer next month! :D
So how did you get them to test your line? I'd be interested in the speeds I can get... moving off TPG soon too.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I tested my speed once and got 5.5mbit on Australian speed tests... never thought it'd be able to reach 8. Does anyone know if ADSL is like Cable in the sense that the speed they sell it to you at isn't anywhere near the speed you're likely to be connected at?... not that I have any complaints with my 5mbit cable.

HSC
Minai said:
Movie downloads eh...They better be unmetered or else it is totally useless.

I dunno (I'm currently on the 59.95 cable 10gig plan, have been for almost 5 years)...is the speed boost (which may or may not even be noticed due to traffic) worth the $10 more?
sucks then that the 59.95 10gig plan hasn't been out for 5 years :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
What is the $59.95 10gig plan? o_O... i thought i pay $59.95 for my 10gig uncapped one.... and movies are unmetered according to Bigpond Movies but you need to register as a Bigpond user beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)