bigpond stuffs up yet again... (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
dammm bigpond cable is a load of shit... i got it at home and recently i could not even go to tha net...thats why i reply to posts from the T1 line at school....damm if i knew that bigpond was like this then i would hav never got it.....GO with Optus or some other cable server they are much better...

LAterz

Zahid

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i've been with tpg, for like 2 months now, and yeah, its unlimited 512 k plan- i signed up when it was $80 per month:p.....but when my contract ends in 4 months time, i guess i'll have to switch to dart or somethin' coz its $100 for the same plan with tpg. :eek:

LadyMoon

HSC
Cable is smooth as an Ice slide!
Faster than Optus I reckon.

well the email didnt give me any problems....
then again i dont use Bigpond's email service :D

But there is one thing wrong with them!
They took off all of Microsoft files from their free file servers! (doesnt count towards download MBs)Because they didnt get permission to host them in the first place (busted!)

Now i have to resort to downloading them from download.com which actually addds to my download MB count!!! Damn Telstra!

Then again they are giving TWO WEEKS FREE!!! yay!

Last edited:

psycho_mushy

HSC
hey ppl!

is it true that bigpond is giving users 2 weeks free internet access with no download limits?

I got the email and cable and wondering if it is true?!

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
hey ppl!

is it true that bigpond is giving users 2 weeks free internet access with no download limits?

I got the email and cable and wondering if it is true?!
According to LadyMoon, I guess you do... Optus cable had a "grace" period back in the netstats days.. not so sure about the datamonitor though.

Agent Z

HSC
c'mon...u people cant be serious. Everyone's just blaming telstra for the email outtages without really looking at the boader picture.....i mean ok, telstra is blaming it on the swen virus....for those of you dont know i got this from the symantec website:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.swen.a@mm.html
from symantec
W32.Swen.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm that uses its own SMTP engine to spread itself. It attempts to spread through file-sharing networks, such as KaZaA and IRC, and attempts to kill antivirus and personal firewall programs running on a computer.

The worm can arrive as an email attachment. The subject, body, and From: address of the email may vary. Some examples claim to be patches for Microsoft Internet Explorer, or delivery failure notices from qmail.

W32.Swen.A@mm is similar to W32.Gibe.B@mm in function, and is written in C++.

This worm exploits a vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express in an attempt to execute itself when you open or even preview the message. Information and a patch for the vulnerability can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp.
so i mean to say....well if bigpond did suffer a spike in email traffic of a massive 20% do you think any isps servers would be able to handle it?! I mean if your going to blame someone...its microsoft for developing software with massive loopholes...........i really dont think telstra is to blame

eppingMCE

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
Why do people (except rural ppl who don't have choice) use big pond????

they are expensive!!!

there are so many cheeper and better sevices!!!
ie. digiplus, tpg, optus, etc.

dispite this they still have around 55% market share
Humm i dont live in whoop whoop, but i want cable, not just ADSL and tight ass optus dosnt want to install it on my street unless i get a petition going reassuring them that there will be other people siging on to them from my street, GAY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)