binding the MW (1 Viewer)

liddy

hey guys...

do we bind the stories separately to the reflection statement??

goodluck everyone

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
yups
make sure you put a cover sheet on too

liddy

glitterfairy said:
How fancy is everyone's cover sheet?
our schools not giving us the bos cover sheet til we had it in, already bound..its just stuck on the front....nice n tacky like.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
What BOS cover sheet? I handed mine in today, and I just had to stick my student number and centre number on my title page (cos I forgot) and then stick those labels on.

And are you sure that you're supposed to have the reflection statement bound seperately to the work? Because the works I've seen have the reflection statement just at the end of the work, with a blank sheet of paper (some of them) in between - that's what I did

HSC
N/A
We've been told to hand ours all in separately, then bound together with like, a big elastic band. Apparently they are all marked separately? Unless it says specifically to bind them separately though, I don't think you'll run into too much trouble.

As for the cover sheet- i think there are two things everyone's thinking of. One is the label that's stuck onto everything, and the other is the title page. the one I was referring to earlier was the title page (glitterfairy demonstrates how stupid she is, yet again)

liddy

hehe i get it now sori

ok..my title page is really not fancy...

and when i say bos cover sheet, i just mean labels/student# etc...now my turn to be stupid *bows*

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
That's alright then, I was starting to worry that I didn't have a BOS cover sheet, and so my work would never make it to the marking centre...

But I don't think the reflection statement is marked seperately to the work, because don't you kinda need to have read the work/journal to appreciate the reflection statement?

liddy

theyre both marked by the same person at the same time, so i think its all good. dont stress.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
:D Thanks, you'd think that now I've handed it in I wouldn't freak out anymore

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i'm binding my reflection statement with my major work, and all the past mw's i've seen do the same thing. If you do them separately and they're not securely tied together, chances are it'll get picked up separately at the marking centre... which is NOT a good thing. So if they're in separate binders, make sure they're held together some way..

liddy

Monkey Butler said:
:D Thanks, you'd think that now I've handed it in I wouldn't freak out anymore
i think we can all safely say that freakin is par for the course, matey!
ur so lucky to have handed it in, im sposed to be going out w friends this weekend but im tooo_stresssssed_outttttt argh why did i pick this subject. no no its all good..it will be done...*bites off fingers*

HSC
N/A
With the title page:

I've double-spaced my major work, and put the title of my story at the bottom of each page. Do I also need to put my name or student number (I would think number) there, and on my title page, I need to put the centre number on it too right? (This is all separate to the label thingo that goes on)

J

jhakka

My title page is cool (for all three parts: Major Work, journal and Reflection Statement).

On the first line, it has the title (Major Work Journal, whatever) in the Heading 1 format (Word). On the second line it says "Student number:" and then my student number in the Heading 3 format. All of it aligned to the right. :D

It looks cool.

HSC
N/A
lol i'm sure it does. with the journal, did you like, just stick the title page on the front and contact it or something? My journal is just an A4 exercise book...

and did you put your centre number on it anywhere? no?

J

jhakka

All my stuff is typed and printed out on A4, so I have a standard front page for all three parts of the course.

But I didn't put the centre number on it. I won't unless my teacher thinks I should (though I don't see why I should, as I'll have to put the Board of Studies thing on it anyway).

HSC
N/A
True. Did you really type out your entire journal? Like, I've pretty much done the same thing but decided to stick it into an exercise book for some reason...

J

jhakka

I only had it handwritten for a couple of months before I converted. There wasn't much in it at that stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)