bio trials how did every one go???? (1 Viewer)

tomtom

HSC
N/A
hey every one how did you all go in your trials??? i found mine to be the easest test out of all the subjects yet i found one part hard. beadle and tatum wrote about one gene - one protien and then it asked who came up with the one gene-one polypeptide??? i just wrote about shit about sutton and bovorie i think it is wrong.. could someone tell me the correct answer??? and every one else paste there hard questions up and we will see if we know them?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
tomtom said:
hey every one how did you all go in your trials??? i found mine to be the easest test out of all the subjects yet i found one part hard. beadle and tatum wrote about one gene - one protien and then it asked who came up with the one gene-one polypeptide??? i just wrote about shit about sutton and bovorie i think it is wrong.. could someone tell me the correct answer??? and every one else paste there hard questions up and we will see if we know them?

sutton and boveri wrote the one gene, one protein/enzyme theory, but itwas later amended (by other pple, i assume) to the one gene, one polypeptide theory.

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Bio Trial!!!!!!! Some Hints Plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

I haven't done my bio trial yet and i am SO sure I'm gunna fail!!!

Any tips or hints would be great!!! Thanks HEAPS

EDIT:/ No cheating :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

jesshika

supreme being
i got my trial exam marks back ... im alright with an 88 but if i had just learnt that little but more about quarantine and the changing emphasis from cure to prevention i would've scored higher ....

abba86amy

adagio ~ the slow one...
HSC
Bio study hints and tips =)

Jess_L said:
Hey everyone,

I haven't done my bio trial yet and i am SO sure I'm gunna fail!!!

Any tips or hints would be great!!! Thanks HEAPS

EDIT:/ No cheating :mad:
Well, I've already had my trials last week, suprisingly it was the only exam i felt confident about!

Anyway, I'm waiting for my results to come back! *crosses fingers*

well, anyway, for some hints & tips, I recommend you take thorough notes on every topic. Follow the syllabus, which you can print off the net. Take notes for both the 2nd and 3rd column (in the syllabus). Uhh..also look through a few past trial papers, and practice doing some multiple choice questions~
Cos u can lose quite a few marks here if you get the answer wrong.

hmmm, yup, thats all i can offer for now! But yeh don't cram it all on the last night, best if u started summarising 2 or so weeks b4 trials (considering that u have to study for other subjects as well) & u should be fine!
Just follow the syallabus, that how i do it! =)

goodluck and do ur best! :)

tomtom

HSC
N/A
lol i cant help cramin there is somethin called motivation which i dont have. whats some tips to motivate me?

jesshika

supreme being
1. tell yourself you'd fail or remind yourself how it felt to not know how to answer a question which you would have been able to do if you studied ...... works sometimes for me

2. Make yourself feel guilty by watching a movie whenn you know your supposed to be studying for an exam

3. Ask someone to test you .. and if you are the kind that can't stand loosing it should motivate you

4. HAVE A STUDY BUDDY ... 100% effective

hha crappy tips but they work just fine for me

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Anywhere between 85-95%, I find out either tomorrow or thursday.

laura_b

bio exams

hey everyone,
i haven't had my trails yet, bio is nxt week and i'm freakin!!
i havent even heard of beadle and whoever!!! im gunna fail, mainly because my teacher has a monotone and it's very hard to stay awake in his class!!!i hate bio!!!

Mizuki

HSC
N/A
I get my results back tomorow...I'm quite sure that I did badly in it >.<

kow_dude

HSC
i just did my trials and the paper was ... a joke. I don't know if biology is just easy or my teacher purposely set the test easy for people to pass. I am certain that the bludgers in my class will fail. Assume that i got 90%, will those 'bludgers' scale me down?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
bio was the first exam i had...i think i skrewed it up. its so not fair! i do know my stuff, but i have such poor exam technique. well, i guess i can keep workn on that 4 da hsc. i dunno how i went. bio is my worst subject, it always seems dat whatever i know best they never test! at least every1 doing bio came out and went 'OMG i sooo didn't know the answer 2..' and listed at least 3 things. made me feel a little better...maybe we're all just stupid though. no. i might be, but i know dat da other ppl doin it arent! neway, keep u posted on how it actually turns out...maybe ill do better than i think? (hey, its fun 2 live in denial!)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I did CSSA and only got 80. :( I came first by about 13%, but still not happy with the mark.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
CSSA: Got 84/100 but still need to check it for errors cause i havnt received the paper yet

Probably more than i deserved for the effort i put in. Dont care about my bio mark cause it wont count in my units

mikebox

Bio....hhmmmm...... Well when i was in years 7 to 10 i loved science..and also Biology but since i started my HSC it has made my life HELL ....the teacher is the worst ever :eek: ..seriously...so bad!!...so yeah. But i havent got my results back yet which i guess is a good thing so it keeps my mind of everything else...lol..

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I did CSSA and got 78 though, hopefully, after getting extra marks 80-82. I also got 14/15 in mc - only the prion question stuffed me up. In the long response questions I realised that I was not thorough enough in many of them - but overall pleased with my results - lost most of my marks in the option - which is surprising...
The average in my grade was quite low - barely a pass mark.

^___ShabS___^

i found the questions pretty easy....

and i revised some stuff the day b4 bio trails...
when i was going over my notes (since i had tooo many notes to go over) i kept telling myself nah this one wont be in it niether will this and that.... so i didnt go over it....
then i was sooo pissed coz all those questions came up... prolly more than 60 marks !!!

i stuffed it hard! we havent got it yet .... but i just hope i passed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)