Biology 2013ers MARATHONN (1 Viewer)

fionarykim

HSC
lel I'm hoping I scrape a B6

edit:theoretically I can since I'm not too far behind the first guy internally (In first assignment weighing ~20% I got 67%(fu runescape) and he got ~95% and in trials I got 94% and he got 86% + beat him in other assignments but the first assignment...:()
OMG THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO MEE
i like got 75% in assignment, and first person got like 100
and then i beat them in trials but it was too late HAHA

okay new question
name one non infectious disease,and give info on cause, symptoms, treatment ... yeah those

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO MEE
i like got 75% in assignment, and first person got like 100
and then i beat them in trials but it was too late HAHA

okay new question
name one non infectious disease,and give info on cause, symptoms, treatment ... yeah those
Down Synd.
Cause: Additional 21 chromosome
Symp: Learning difficulties, moderate mental 'retardation', speech-language difficulty
Treat: None, but therapy regarding individual symptoms.

Distinguish between active and passive transport and relate these to processes occurring in the mammalian kidney.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Down Synd.
Cause: Additional 21 chromosome
Symp: Learning difficulties, moderate mental 'retardation', speech-language difficulty
Treat: None, but therapy regarding individual symptoms.

Distinguish between active and passive transport and relate these to processes occurring in the mammalian kidney.
active transport requires energy expenditure whereas passive depends on osmotic/concentration gradient and does not require energy expenditure.

Re absorption occurs in the kidney's nephrons by both passive and active transport. Water is absorbed at the proximal tubule, descending loop of henle,distal tubule,and collecting duct(<-I think) by osmosis, an example of passive transport. Re-absorption of salts also occurs in the nephron, at the proximal tubule, ascending tubule, and collecting duct. The re-absorption of salts is an example of active transport as it requires energy expenditure.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Public health programs, pesticides and genetic engineering are used to control and/or
prevent disease.
Using an example, explain how ONE of these strategies has been used to control
or prevent disease within the community.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
active transport requires energy expenditure whereas passive depends on osmotic/concentration gradient and does not require energy expenditure.

Re absorption occurs in the kidney's nephrons by both passive and active transport. Water is absorbed at the proximal tubule, descending loop of henle,distal tubule,and collecting duct(<-I think) by osmosis, an example of passive transport. Re-absorption of salts also occurs in the nephron, at the proximal tubule, ascending tubule, and collecting duct. The re-absorption of salts is an example of active transport as it requires energy expenditure.
I'm not sure, but for this dot point, do you simply list areas with which they occur?

bangladesh

HSC
Does anyone do the communication option?

Can we discuss questions of this option as i personally find some of them way harder than the core questions.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Does anyone do the communication option?

Can we discuss questions of this option as i personally find some of them way harder than the core questions.
I'd say make a new thread tbh

bangladesh

HSC
yeah.. let's just discuss it here. Since most people do communication anyway.

fionarykim

HSC
yeahh i do comm too, and i find bits of it real confusing HAHA
@obliviousninja
it aligns the best? LOL yay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)