Biology? Are you ready? (1 Viewer)

carmenleung1

HSC
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....where can i get past papers? i know its a bit late, but who knows, might save me :)
and i have pe and modern next mon and tues....fml

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
lucky for those who have their last exam tomorrow

good luck all and it's not best to pull an all nighter you might fall asleep during the exam!

HSC
lucky for those who have their last exam tomorrow

good luck all and it's not best to pull an all nighter you might fall asleep during the exam!
im considering doing so

i'd rather lose marks for not thinking well enough than lose marks for just not knowing the content

E

Effekt

im considering doing so

i'd rather lose marks for not thinking well enough than lose marks for just not knowing the content
Agreed, i might pull an all nighter i have managed to revise maintaining a balance and the blueprint of life today quite successfully just need search for better health and communication.

I wonder how many idiots do all the option questions?

HSC
Agreed, i might pull an all nighter i have managed to revise maintaining a balance and the blueprint of life today quite successfully just need search for better health and communication.

I wonder how many idiots do all the option questions?
fucking communication

its so shit wow

i still have to finish second half of blueprint and most of communication then a couple more past papers

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
blueprint is killing me i dont understand anything especially PROTIEN SYNTHESIS and polypeptides duhglsdghlsj

cpwincess19

HSC
blueprint is killing me i dont understand anything especially PROTIEN SYNTHESIS and polypeptides duhglsdghlsj
FUCKEN OATHHHHH DUDE protein synthesis and that fucking shit is the death of me .
I'm dieing ! I hate it so much ... I have been trying to learn communication ... that's all
I have hardly focused on the cores as much as i'd have liked to :/
Does anyone think that they might ask about an australian scientist (they won't specify) but to talk about a 'studied' scientist ?
It's never been done before :/

HSC
i can't use msn right now lol my internet is slow as shit and i'm using school provided (i.e. 100% censored) laptop. I can bos though

---

protein synthesis isn't as bad as you think if you *understand* the process. this is a very brief description of it:

first step is transcription. DNA in a cell nucleus unwinds itself and the enzyme RNA polymerase moves along the strand attaching complementary nucleotides. however to create mRNA (messenger RNA) as opposed to just replicating the DNA as per usual, thymine (T) is swapped with uracil (U). So in this case, A pairs with U and C still pairs with G. The mRNA then moves into the cell cytoplasm

second stage is translation. The mRNA attaches itself to a ribosome (in year 11 bio we learned that ribosomes make proteins), with the start codon ALWAYS being AUG. a tRNA (transfer RNA) molecule also enters through nuclear pores. this has complementary codons to the ones in mRNA. then rRNA (i fink) catalyses the complementing process which then finally creates polypeptides (as peptide bonds hold the shit together).

someone please correct that if there's any mistake

E

Effekt

FUCKEN OATHHHHH DUDE protein synthesis and that fucking shit is the death of me .
I'm dieing ! I hate it so much ... I have been trying to learn communication ... that's all
I have hardly focused on the cores as much as i'd have liked to :/
Does anyone think that they might ask about an australian scientist (they won't specify) but to talk about a 'studied' scientist ?
It's never been done before :/
Been asked about an Australian Scientist is interesting because it doesn't say a 'famous' Australian scientist so you could just rant on with a random name who is studying new methods to prevent the spread of pathogens or something. If not i just go with cliche and talk about Dr Fiona Wood who produced spray on skin for Bali bombing victims or graeme clark who invented the bionic ear, if you do the communication topic you can relate this to a new technology for improved hearing.

cpwincess19

HSC
wow thanks for going out of your way to explain :) !

Can you tell me if I'm correct about this ?
Say if there is a strand with the letters - CAT GAC TAU then does it get changed to GTA CUG AUU I'm not sure what happens with the U ?

HSC
i don't remember any dot point about an australian scientist lol

if they do just mention any scientist, just go with pasteur (easiest). there's always koch, burnette, mendel, watson, crick, franklin, wilkins, morgan, sutton, boveri etc

E

Effekt

if they do just mention any scientist, just go with pasteur (easiest). there's always koch, burnette, mendel, watson, crick, franklin, wilkins, morgan, sutton, boveri etc
There isn't a dot point on it, it's under the 'assumed knowledge' section along with graphing, variables etc

cpwincess19

HSC

Hahaha no I mean like a CURRENTLY PRACTISING SCIENTIST :p
Been asked about an Australian Scientist is interesting because it doesn't say a 'famous' Australian scientist so you could just rant on with a random name who is studying new methods to prevent the spread of pathogens or something. If not i just go with cliche and talk about Dr Fiona Wood who produced spray on skin for Bali bombing victims or graeme clark who invented the bionic ear, if you do the communication topic you can relate this to a new technology for improved hearing.
Yeah that's true , I rememeber doing a lot about Dr Fiona Wood in previous years , hahaha i'll just do her then :)
I'm scared about action potential as well :/ and does anyone think the 8 marker might be on malaria ?
What do you guys think the 8 marker might be on this year !?

E

Effekt

wow thanks for going out of your way to explain :) !

Can you tell me if I'm correct about this ?
Say if there is a strand with the letters - CAT GAC TAU then does it get changed to GTA CUG AUU I'm not sure what happens with the U ?
I believe U replaces the T.

danjw

HSC
i can't use msn right now lol my internet is slow as shit and i'm using school provided (i.e. 100% censored) laptop. I can bos though

---

protein synthesis isn't as bad as you think if you *understand* the process. this is a very brief description of it:

first step is transcription. DNA in a cell nucleus unwinds itself and the enzyme RNA polymerase moves along the strand attaching complementary nucleotides. however to create mRNA (messenger RNA) as opposed to just replicating the DNA as per usual, thymine (T) is swapped with uracil (U). So in this case, A pairs with U and C still pairs with G. The mRNA then moves into the cell cytoplasm

second stage is translation. The mRNA attaches itself to a ribosome (in year 11 bio we learned that ribosomes make proteins), with the start codon ALWAYS being AUG. a tRNA (transfer RNA) molecule also enters through nuclear pores. this has complementary codons to the ones in mRNA. then rRNA (i fink) catalyses the complementing process which then finally creates polypeptides (as peptide bonds hold the shit together).

someone please correct that if there's any mistake

This is a solid explanation and I may be incorrect but I think the only thing a little wrong here is that rRNA doesn't specifically catalyze the process you can just say ribosomes catalyze the process and rRNA are a structural part of ribosomes (along with other proteins).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)