Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

sharoooooo

HSC
For section two - i said there was a change in the environment on the island which leads to a different characteristic more fit for survival. Since didnt completely go down and population stabalised i said the majority of the island changed but some of the island remained the same.
the question said that there was no change in the environment :)

Mr_Kap

HSC
the question said that there was no change in the environment :)
you sure?

shit i talked about a mutation which made a favourble characterstic/adaptation that environment and the competition etc.. but i also said that it could be due to CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL change to environment as well..

ffs why cant i read :(

sharoooooo

HSC
you sure?

shit i talked about a mutation which made a favourble characterstic/adaptation that environment and the competition etc.. but i also said that it could be due to CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL change to environment as well..

im sure.
because i was about to write about the enviro changing, but then i saw it.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
you sure?

Well mutations still occur and are passed on when there's selective pressure due to competition right?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Well mutations still occur and are passed on when there's selective pressure due to competition right?
But how do mutations occur? From mutagens, and mutagens are "environmental" factors that affect DNA. That question was weird, I think you were meant to speak about how one variety was more well-suited to the environment than the other and then when the next variety migrated the were better suited to the environment than the first variety that was dominating.

Flop21

HSC
I didn't specifically talk about any changes in the environment. I talk directly talked about the graph and related the graph to natural selection for 1, and competition for resources / competition for 2.

Natasha Romanoff

HSC
I didn't study the size of the pathogens at all. I had a rough idea of virus and prion just from common sense, but no idea what size a bacteria vs fungi.
Wasn't it fungi because it had a cell wall?

Natasha Romanoff

HSC
you sure?

Yep it definitely said there was no environmental change...

Flop21

HSC
Wasn't it fungi because it had a cell wall?
No. Every cell has a cell wall lol. This is why it was a shit question, it didn't actually show all the features (HINT the MAIN feature... nucleus!) which lead people to believe that it wasn't fungi (because fungi has membrane bound nucleus), like me. But the thing was, the whole question was to do with the size of the pathogen, that's it.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
No. Every cell has a cell wall lol. This is why it was a shit question, it didn't actually show all the features (HINT the MAIN feature... nucleus!) which lead people to believe that it wasn't fungi (because fungi has membrane bound nucleus), like me. But the thing was, the whole question was to do with the size of the pathogen, that's it.

So how is the answer Fungi? There was no nucleus shown in the question? So far it seems like the answer isn't bacterium because it's smaller but I don't know...

Flop21

HSC
So how is the answer Fungi? There was no nucleus shown in the question? So far it seems like the answer isn't bacterium because it's smaller but I don't know...
Fungi because of the size. I posted a pic above of bacteria size vs RBC size vs fungi size. I think, since why would they give us a pic of a RBC?

It was a trick question, the question apparently had something like "the below diagram shows SOME features", so I suppose they could argue 'well we did say only some', but you'd think they'd put in the most important feature of the stupid cell the bloody nucleus.

But who knows, maybe it is bacteria? But I have very low hopes it is since they gave us that RBC for a reason.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
I swear to God that was the dumbest multiple choice question. Cell wall = fungi? But no nucleus = bacteria? But larger than RBC = fungi?

Although it did put a red blood cell beside it, and the purpose of the question was mainly the size. The cell wall was just a hint. Therefore it must be fungi.

Also I don't think that all cells have a cell wall - only plant cells = fungi.

Flop21

HSC
I swear to God that was the dumbest multiple choice question. Cell wall = fungi? But no nucleus = bacteria? But larger than RBC = fungi?

Although it did put a red blood cell beside it, and the purpose of the question was mainly the size. The cell wall was just a hint. Therefore it must be fungi.

Also I don't think that all cells have a cell wall - only plant cells = fungi.
Plant cells have a different type of wall to say bacteria, but still both have cell wall.

Khan.Paki

HSC
Goodness gracious, that was the worst multiple choice I have ever done. And can I say a massive thank you to rand-althor who answered the 8 marker about the kidney one, in the biology marathon. What an absolute legend. I looked at it on monday morning and remembered it in the test.

Khan.Paki

HSC
For the reproductive technologies question in which is stated it limited genetic variation (6 marks), it said discuss. Does this mean you had to talk about for and against the statement?

Flop21

HSC
Talked to someone from selective school and they agreed MC was fked (too much uncertainty).

Flop21

HSC
For the reproductive technologies question in which is stated it limited genetic variation (6 marks), it said discuss. Does this mean you had to talk about for and against the statement?
I did the artificial ones both increase genetic diversity and limit them (that was my 'discussion'). Cloning just decreases. I'm not saying that's correct, just what I wrote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)