Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Mr_Kap

HSC
why is 20 B?
i cant remember what i put though

dewdropsdrop

HSC
I'm pretty sure only temperature causes them to denature (google checked it) and carbon dioxide DEFINITELY does make haemoglobin give up oxygen

Flop21

HSC
I'm pretty sure only temperature causes them to denature (google checked it) and carbon dioxide DEFINITELY does make haemoglobin give up oxygen
No. pH can cause them to denature.

Mr_Kap

HSC
no. I learnt that pH cause to denature.

and how does giving up oxygen in the presence of carbon dioxide UNdESIRABLE. that's one of the adapations of haemaglobin. its not unfavourable.

dewdropsdrop

HSC
It was in Biology in Focus, I think! Page 293, "Chemical signals in the form of cytokines are then secreted by the helper T cell to activate more of the same helper T cells and also macrophages. Interleukin-2 activate the production of clones of the B cells specific to the antigen".

According to that, both would be right?

dewdropsdrop

HSC
Oooo that's true. I didn't ever learn the denature part so I just went with what was correct.

Mr_Kap

HSC
It was in Biology in Focus, I think! Page 293, "Chemical signals in the form of cytokines are then secreted by the helper T cell to activate more of the same helper T cells and also macrophages. Interleukin-2 activate the production of clones of the B cells specific to the antigen".

According to that, both would be right?
yeh but i doubt the HSC will say it right, and we can complain or anything so its useles

dewdropsdrop

HSC
They did a few years back actually (I think 2011 or 2013 only coz I did the papers recently).

Mr_Kap

HSC
They did a few years back actually (I think 2011 or 2013 only coz I did the papers recently).
thats only because the answer was "Cytotoxic T-cell" or "Killer T-Cell"

and they are fucken the same thing.

dewdropsdrop

HSC
20 ---> D goes against the strict hygiene practises. C isn't related to the information at all. A is untrue. And B is directly referenced in the last sentence of the source.

Also I don't know how to properly reply to specific people so sorry lol :(

Last edited:

dewdropsdrop

HSC
And the answers for 17 are both correct according to Bio in Focus which is one of the most reliable sources for HSC Biology mate

Flop21

HSC
Depends on what the answers are (when do we find out answers for this)? I have one teacher who heavily complained about a poor exam last year and got a few questions to have 2 answers accepted (similar to this situation, more than 1 could be right). BOS take them pretty seriously and he got like an essay response back.

But I would imagine it was just because he was a teacher, so hopefully quite a few TEACHERS complain, and I scab some more marks lol.

dewdropsdrop

HSC
I know a few people who found the correct answers for Economics within a few hours but I feel like we will never know HAHA

Hopefully everyone did equally poorly though so the b6 levels are lower lol :|

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Depends on what the answers are (when do we find out answers for this)? I have one teacher who heavily complained about a poor exam last year and got a few questions to have 2 answers accepted (similar to this situation, more than 1 could be right). BOS take them pretty seriously and he got like an essay response back.

But I would imagine it was just because he was a teacher, so hopefully quite a few TEACHERS complain, and I scab some more marks lol.
What I'm mainly disappointed about is that they did not extensively test our knowledge of the whole syllabus. There were references here and there, but I felt that there was unequal focus of the topics.

dewdropsdrop

HSC
Definitely... And I feel like so much of MC was just tricking us with certain parts of the question. You can tell how bad it is when the students have all their resources a few hours later and still don't know what all the answers are ceebs. Aside from like 2013, the MC was always so brain-numbingly easy.

Nyminix

HSC
Wait, the last question in the communication topic (The 7 marker one) asked about ACCOMMODATION?

I did Hearing Aid + IOL & the process through phacoemulsification. x-x Rip me.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
20 ---> D goes against the strict hygiene practises. C isn't related to the information at all. A is untrue. And B is directly referenced in the last sentence of the source.

Also I don't know how to properly reply to specific people so sorry lol :(
I'm pretty sure I read B saying that there's no need for hygiene practices, which automatically ticked my brain to tell me "wtf u still suppose to wash ur hends idiot".

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Wait, the last question in the communication topic (The 7 marker one) asked about ACCOMMODATION?

I did Hearing Aid + IOL & the process through phacoemulsification. x-x Rip me.
I didn't even read it properly. I read it as 'visual problem'. Luckily I still wrote about the lens correction.

Flop21

HSC
Definitely... And I feel like so much of MC was just tricking us with certain parts of the question. You can tell how bad it is when the students have all their resources a few hours later and still don't know what all the answers are ceebs. Aside from like 2013, the MC was always so brain-numbingly easy.
Which is complete bullshit. Testers aren't suppose to aim to 'trick' students. The aim should be to test fairly and test knowledge. If someone knows their knowledge, they should be able to answer the questions. I knew my content quite well for bio and I'm upset over the MC. But my awfulness in the MC could be due to nerves and just me doing it first (hence more silly mistakes). From now on, I'm doing ALL MC last.

@TQuadded whilst I somewhat agree, I liked the rest of the paper so I'm not complaining haha. Also no scientists which was weird, but possibly due to the 8 marker scientist question last year?? I feel like there is always going to be a focus more on one topic, and not everything can be in the test. But I can understand the frustration if most of the test focused on only 2 topics (which I think people are complaining about).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)