Biology exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
What did people get for 16 and 17?
... B and B. These questions are so ambiguous holy crap.

Can everyone just put down their answers so we can work out what is correct?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

This year's multiple choice questions were literally like next level lol.

Flop21

HSC
I think they were shit. The marker wasn't testing people's knowledge he was testing how much he could trick people into making dumb mistakes. I don't think it was a very good MC at all, since I'm sitting here and STILL think that there is more than 1 answer to a lot of them.

A lot of the questions didn't have enough info to determine the answer as well.

luhanbby

HSC
yea :(( its so annoying to lose marks on multiple choice as well... im waiting for project academy or some other state rank tutors to post the answers HAHAHAH just like eco (Y)

Mr_Kap

HSC

16. A
17. B

yeh i was tossing up between A and D for 16. Only because D didn't really asnwer the question ---> and we know that infectious diseases are caused by pathogens( as per KOCHS POSTULATES). That might be wrong though so that means 18/20 for MC

Catz

HSC
What was that multiple choice question with the infertile flies?

luhanbby

HSC
16. A
17. B

yeh i was tossing up between A and D for 16. Only because D didn't really asnwer the question ---> and we know that infectious diseases are caused by pathogens( as per KOCHS POSTULATES). That might be wrong though so that means 18/20 for MC
apparently 17 is C :/ according to the facebook group i think a lot of people chose C and gave an explanation for that

Mr_Kap

HSC
16. A
17. B

like epidemiological studies aren't that useful for infectious diseases, because we just use KOCH's POSTULATES and we can find the micro-organism causing the disease. Non-infectious have a variety of different factors and yeh

Mr_Kap

HSC
apparently 17 is C :/ according to the facebook group i think a lot of people chose C and gave an explanation for that
doesn't the t-helper cell have to be activated first before it stimualtes B-cells to become plasma cells.

luhanbby

HSC
doesn't the t-helper cell have to be activated first before it stimualtes B-cells to become plasma cells.
i think its cos the diagram labelled it as the helper t cell releasing cytokines which stimulates the b cells to become plasma cells. the cytokine was the clue lol apparently

Flop21

HSC
16. A
17. B

Yeah I have no idea how D answers the question and that was the first one I crossed out.... but I have no idea the answer even now.

Mr_Kap

HSC
i think its cos the diagram labelled it as the helper t cell releasing cytokines which stimulates the b cells to become plasma cells. the cytokine was the clue lol apparently
then answer is D!!

Flop21

HSC
then answer is D!!
17? Do you mean B? Cytokines stimulate b cells to clone and differentiate into plasma cells + memory cells. So that's why I thought it was B.

Mr_Kap

HSC
whats with the ambiguity in this year's multiple choice. FFS, it wasn't testin our knowledge for a few of them, like i absoloutely know why we use epidemiological studies on non-infectious rather than infectious but like that multiple choice question doesn't give me a proper chance to show it because of all the answers are like shit.

Loudvicuna

HSC
but as the frequencu get higher, the wavelength gets lower.

v = f*lambda

v is constant so as f increases, lambda (wavelength) decreases, hence produces a sonic shadow. Even if we cant hear that high frequencies the sonic shadow still happens
Thats true, but it still asked for a range

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
whats with the ambiguity in this year's multiple choice. FFS, it wasn't testin our knowledge for a few of them, like i absoloutely know why we use epidemiological studies on non-infectious rather than infectious but like that multiple choice question doesn't give me a proper chance to show it because of all the answers are like shit.
Exactly bro!!!! lol!!!

Flop21

HSC
This is exactly my issue. It was a really shitty MC.

I hope a lot of the questions get challenged when the answers come out (like they have to accept 2 answers because of the possibility of both being the right answer).

Mr_Kap

HSC
17? Do you mean B? Cytokines stimulate b cells to clone and differentiate into plasma cells + memory cells. So that's why I thought it was B.
well i put B, but apparently cytokines attacking cell show its C, but if that was the case it would be D.

But i put B in the exam, but A is also a multiple choice answer, and so is B, C and D, and i do know however, that either A, B ,C or D is the correct answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)