• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biology Excel (1 Viewer)

HSCthisyearyay

HSC
Just Wondering Whether This Excel Book Will Give Me Everthing I Need To Successfully Do My Hsc And The Trial??/

jessied

HSC
yes and no. its a really good book for general revision and covers each dot point. i recommend that you buy it but also try buy other resources like revise in a month or use the hsc online site... both are really good.. GOOD LUCK!

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
my teacher told me that excel is really general so if you can find a text book that is more advanced so that you have a mix of information. i would not rely entirely on the exel book. ask your teacher what text book they would recommend.

freshprince2k4

HSC
dont use excel as ur main source for notes. use it when ur completely confused about something, or if ur other books stray from the syllabus. i use macquarie revison guidce - i find it the best. it follows the syllabus as per dot point, and its got good info. excel is good for its diagrams though

kim_

freshprince2k4 said:
dont use excel as ur main source for notes. use it when ur completely confused about something, or if ur other books stray from the syllabus. i use macquarie revison guidce - i find it the best. it follows the syllabus as per dot point, and its got good info. excel is good for its diagrams though
Yeah i agree excel is pretty good for bio, maquarie is also good, combination of both books work well together

Bio is a pretty general topic (Ifind) if you know what youre looking for the net is a pretty good resource but only if you have time

jesster88

HSC
im not big on reccomending excel because it has a few contradictions particually in the biology and chemistry notes

if you use it only use it for general queries but i woldnt reccomend it as a substitute for good old class notes and the heinemann text book and activity manual

Cab31

HSC
Excel is good if you dont understand something. I used to go there first and then to maquarie and then the textbook. Generally i wouldnt study from excel because it isnt detailed enough - but it is good to help understand the basics before you move to the more detailed books :)

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
i found that most of my questions for the half yearlies came from the excel book... i like the book it helps

Tim035

HSC
I generally use excel to help me understand concepts we've just done in class or with completing homework tasks.
For studying though its either summaries from a combination of resources or more favoured for me 'success one hsc biology'. I figure if I can do all the questions in that book for each core without lookig at notes then I'm preety on track.

kow_dude

HSC
Personally, Excel is not worth buying. You are better off just borrowing it off the library. All excel books are very very brief which allows you to answer syllabus dot points at a limited degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)