Biology notes on Resource Page (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Whose notes are good to have a look at?

There are too many that I am confused what to look at and I really cannot be bothered to look at every single one...

I want to use some of their notes to use as another form of resources to refer to. There is NO WAY that I will study off them. Thanks in advance.

forkyspoony18

HSC
For biology, the ones that are by 'Ahmad Shah Idil' are fairly good. There are a set of notes for each of the 3 cores i think...

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
forkyspoony18 said:
For biology, the ones that are by 'Ahmad Shah Idil' are fairly good. There are a set of notes for each of the 3 cores i think...

yeah, he is pretty excellent. i use his notes every now and then.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Ahmad. His notes are based on Heinemann, but they're pretty concise and succinct.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks guys.

Are there any other notes which are note-worthy?

danz90

HSC
All I can say is I highly recommend the following textbook for HSC Bio:

"Biology in Focus" by Glenda Chidrawi

Best textbook ever. Just about to be released in the market. My teacher got a copy of it beforehand because she knows the author, and was editing her work.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
mine :read:, but seriously its best to make your own notes, you can look at others if you are having trouble with particular dot points, dont think you have enough info etc, but making you owns summaries of the biology course is the best thing. I hand wrote mine for the half yearlies then typed up my notes for the trials and hsc and found when i went to read them/do past question i already knew 95% of it just from making the notes/listening in class. ive had a look through ahmads and they are alright, some dot points dont have enough information whilst other have unneccesary information. For some dot point youll learn in class ie a particular disease etc which may be different to his so best to go with what you are taught in class on those dot points but as i said before making you own notes is the best. An example of how good they are is due to poor time management and concern over a few dot points i finsihed my biology notes the day before the trial, and as a result didnt get to read over them as much as i would have liked to as well as not having enough time to do some practice questions etc, and went in feeling underprepared, but once i got in i remembered everything and managed to get 95% on the cssa biology trial paper, would have been 99% if not for some silly mistakes cause by rushing such as for some reasons when writing a sentence leaving out the key words fruit fly..... but yer making your own notes is the way to go

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
danz90 said:
All I can say is I highly recommend the following textbook for HSC Bio:

"Biology in Focus" by Glenda Chidrawi

Best textbook ever. Just about to be released in the market. My teacher got a copy of it beforehand because she knows the author, and was editing her work.
Danz have you seen kiss, ive found its a great textbook, we were given kiss booklets to use for bio and they are great, we also have jacaranda i think but the teachers thought it was only good for supplementary use

danz90

HSC
axlenatore said:
Danz have you seen kiss, ive found its a great textbook, we were given kiss booklets to use for bio and they are great, we also have jacaranda i think but the teachers thought it was only good for supplementary use
Nah, although I've heard KISS is good though.
We also used the Heinemann one, pretty good.

I can post up a sample chapter for u guys of the Biology in Focus textbook, if you like?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
danz90 said:

I can post up a sample chapter for u guys of the Biology in Focus textbook, if you like?
sure

danz90

HSC
I hope i'm not violating copyright with this. LOL

Just a sample LOL.. advertisement for the textbook.

Enjoy. :)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
danz90 said:
I hope i'm not violating copyright with this. LOL

Just a sample LOL.. advertisement for the textbook.

Enjoy. :)
nice

Jaspal

HSC
send me a private message, my notes are quite good

forkyspoony18

HSC
danz90 said:

I have a computer copy of that textbook, and yeah I agree, its pretty awesome. I was given KISS notes all year, and while they are fairly good, I find that they tend to skip some dot points.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
So no other note on Resource Page is not worth mentioning? :(

forkyspoony18 said:
I have a computer copy of that textbook, and yeah I agree, its pretty awesome. I was given KISS notes all year, and while they are fairly good, I find that they tend to skip some dot points.
How do you have the computer copy?

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
So no other note on Resource Page is not worth mentioning? :(

How do you have the computer copy?
The textbook comes with a resource CD, which contains a FULL, pdf version of the textbook.

The textbook (along with the resource CD) to buy is $59.95, and is a good buy, IMO.
It goes strictly by each dot point, and provides content at a standard above the syllabus requirements. All the diagrams are clear, sophisticated and consistent in their format. My teacher said this textbook really helps towards getting a band 6.

jeff.wong

HSC
lyounamu said:
Whose notes are good to have a look at?

There are too many that I am confused what to look at and I really cannot be bothered to look at every single one...

I want to use some of their notes to use as another form of resources to refer to. There is NO WAY that I will study off them. Thanks in advance.
I have notes on the 3 Cores and communication [as option] and I am offering the first core, Maintaining a Balance notes as samples contact me if you want a copy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)