Biology VS Physics (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
You sure? Even the most simplest ones like v = u +at?
Yeah, I agree that v = u + at is pretty simplistic. If you need the formula sheet to remember it, then you probably haven't been revising as effectively as you could have.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Yeah, I agree that v = u + at is pretty simplistic. If you need the formula sheet to remember it, then you probably haven't been revising as effectively as you could have.
You shouldn't be doing Physics.
Edit: I meant, the person that can't memorise v = u + at, not you, Aplus. :p

selablad

HSC
Do physics! Especially if your main reason for wanting biology is that it would help with medicine/pharmacy, because biol isn't just the human body, it's also plants, ecosystems, animals, all sorts of things... If you're interested in maths, then I so recommend physics (yes I am on a huge physics high at the moment...I love it so much right now...:D :D :D). Someone else said it, that everything in physics leads on to another and everything interrelates, while biol is just memorising *really* long names and yeah... (yes I am on a huge biology low at the moment...man I hate plant physiology!)

So yeah, there's my slightly biased opinion...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
I don't think they have the momentum formulas though.
Please don't tell me that during our half yearlies, you actually went through the exam, looked at the data sheet, and went: "Hey, there's no momentum formula". All I remember from Physics exam was laughing at the ladies because they fucked over our exam by giving us the wrong exam. :p

yorkstanham

HSC
physics is way better than bio!! I did both up untill the half yearlies then dropped bio due to its sheer boringness

and you dont get given all the formulas on the physics formula sheet

Last edited:

The Kaiser

HSC
Aerath said:
Please don't tell me that during our half yearlies, you actually went through the exam, looked at the data sheet, and went: "Hey, there's no momentum formula". All I remember from Physics exam was laughing at the ladies because they fucked over our exam by giving us the wrong exam. :p
No, I was too busy trying to remember the Prac test instead. :)

It was the only question in section B (Written), I got wrong, because I didn't remember the conservation of momentum of inelastic collisions, (the data sheet didn't have the formulae!), but it does serve me right for not studying until the day of the exam. (And yet I still got 30/40 WTF?)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, 30/40 was pretty good, especially if you only studied the day before the exam. :p

The Kaiser

HSC
Aerath said:
Hahaha, 30/40 was pretty good, especially if you only studied the day before the exam. :p
It was all the multiple choice sections that stuffed me (13/20 for Chem and *Get ready to LOL* 2/10 for Physics)

Anyway getting "back" on topic

Charity F said:
1. That's exactly the reason why Biology sounds to be the most boring science in existence, imo. So if that's what someone who likes and does well in Bio has to say about the subject, then OP, I'd be worried.
Don't blame me, if those are the reasons why I like Biology, I happen to be interested in it, just like your passion in doing Physics. :)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lsam said:
I reckon Chemistry pwns them all. But if it is between physics and bio, bio wins.
Qft, I do all 3 :).

Chemistry > Biology > Physics. My list, like Isam's :D.

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
Razizi said:
Qft, I do all 3 :).

Chemistry > Biology > Physics. My list, like Isam's :D.
Hmmm, my opinion

Physics > Chemistry > Biology (but I don't do bio. But from what I hear from my friends that do...)

selablad

HSC
Devouree said:
Hmmm, my opinion

Physics > Chemistry > Biology (but I don't do bio. But from what I hear from my friends that do...)
And mine!

Physics > Biology > Chemistry... usually chem is second but it's so boring at the moment...

beve

Jesus
HSC
Razizi said:
Chemistry > Biology > Physics.
+1

(I started in Physics then swapped for Ext. English - they were on the same line.)

Chemistry is the best. =)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
What do you think lol.
I don't really like it. I prefer Moving About and The World Communicates. But at the same time, it's better than Electrical Energy in the Home.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Electrical Energy in the Home is -.-*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)